Health & Human Services
City Hall Room 101
455 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01608
Phone: (508) 799-8486, Fax: (508) 799-1218
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
The mission of the Department of Health & Human Services is to:
- Provide coordination and management of the City's critical services in the areas of Public Health, Veterans' Services, Human Rights and Disabilities, Elder Affairs and Youth Services.
- Maximize access to City programs and services by providing information and referral advocacy, outreach and educational programs for all Worcester residents regardless of age, race, ability or health condition.
- Ensure that all City residents are treated fairly and equally by reducing bias, bigotry and prejudices.
- Promote ways to increase respect in our community and safeguard equal access and opportunity for all through outreach, educational programs, events and advocacy.
- Ensure that all Worcester residents and visitors with disabilities have access to City programs and services by providing informaiton and referral, advocacy, outreach and educational programs.
- Provide eligible veterans and their families with immediate financial aid, medical assistance and referral services such as housing, employment opportunities, health and education.
- Advance the well-being of the City's youth, particularly in the areas of educational and employment opportunities.
- Oversee community coordination to address a wide array of homeless issues including triage/assessment/rapid re-housing, discharge planning and street outreach.