Diversity & Inclusion

Suja Chacko, Chief Diversity Officer

Collage on Wall of 'Welcome' in Different Languages

About

A priority of the City of Worcester is to enhance the diversity in its workforce!

The Diversity & Inclusion Division is dedicated to recruiting, hiring, including, developing, retaining, engaging and motivating a diverse, results-oriented, high-performing workforce. This is accomplished by:

  • Adjusting employment and promotion processes
  • Using strategic hiring initiatives for underrepresented people
  • Ensuring all employees have access to diversity and inclusion training and education

City Workforce Data

The City of Worcester is striving toward building a more diverse workforce. We're proud to have increased our minority representation by 53% from 188 in 2012 to 289 in 2019. This reflects a 5% increase in the total municipal workforce from 11% in 2012 to 16% in 2019. For a more complete view of the City's municipal workforce, we encourage you to click on "More Stats" below.

Total Minorities (2019): 289 (16.3%)

More Stats

Diversity in Worcester's Workforce

Programs & Initiatives

Various People Silhouettes on Even Scale
Affirmative Action Plan
It is the policy of the City of Worcester to insure non-discrimination in all its employment decisions. The Plan highlights hiring, selection, promotion, recruitment and retention practices to insure equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all employment decisions.
Employment papers on Clipboards
Employment Opportunities
The City of Worcester is proud to be a city with a well-educated and diverse work force. With the City of Worcester, employees enjoy paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays and group health insurance. Full Time, Part Time as well as Paid and Non-Paid Internship positions are offered.
Thumbs Up in Various Skin Shades
Where Diversity Works - Professional Development
The City of Worcester launched a series of programming and commercials to celebrate diversity and inclusion across all departments.

Contact Information

Diversity & Inclusion
City Hall Room 109
455 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01608

Accessible via WRTA Bus Line. View Schedules

Phone: 508-799-1030
Fax: 508-799-1040
Email Us

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

City of Worcester
Customer Service Line
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
508-929-1300
Contact Us

Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram Icons
ALERTWorcester Logo  Smart911 Logo
City of Worcester Seal Image Worcester Public Schools Seal Image Worcester Public Library Logo
Home | Login | Disclaimer | Site Map

© 2019 Copyright City of Worcester, MA. All Rights Reserved.

Official City of Worcester, MA Website WorcesterMA.gov