|Advisory Committee on the Status of Women (1)||2 or 4|
|Cable Television Advisory Committee (7)||any district|
|Commission on Disability (3)||1 in 1, 2, 3 or 5 / 2 associates in any district|
|Community Development Advisory Committee (1)||2|
|Conservation Commission (2)||1, 2, 3 or 4|
|Historical Commission (2)||Mass Ave. / 1 in any district|
|Hope Cemetery Board (3)||1, 3, 4 and 5|
|Human Rights Commission (1)||any district|
|Off-Street Parking Board (1)||any district|
|Planning Board (1)||4|
|Trust Funds Commission (1)||any district|
|Worcester Arts Council (1)||any district|
|Zoning Board of Appeals (2)||2, 4|
Some boards and commissions require neighborhood representation. If you are not chosen for a board for that reason, you may be considered for another board.
- Eligibility requirements: 1) be a registered voter; 2) be a resident in the district for one year (except for Executive Boards); 3) not be a City employee (except for Advisory Boards).
- Candidates should send a completed application, letter of interest, along with resume, if available, to:
Citizens Advisory Council
c/o City Manager's Office
455 Main Street, City Hall
Worcester, MA 01608
Fax: (508) 799-1208
You will receive confirmation that your application, resume and letter of intent were received as well as to confirm your attendance at one of the selection meetings. Selection meetings are held at 6:30 PM and are scheduled on the following dates. You must attend one of the meetings:
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017 (City Hall, 3rd Floor, Esther Howland Chamber)
- Thursday, May 18, 2017 (City Hall, 3rd Floor, Esther Howland Chamber)
- Monday, September 25, 2017 (City Hall, 3rd Floor, Esther Howland Chamber)
- Thursday, November 16, 2017 (City Hall, 3rd Floor, Esther Howland Chamber)
Applicants from under-represented groups in the City are encouraged to apply.
Please be advised that you may submit an application any time and be notified by mail of the ongoing vacancies that occur on the City Boards/Commissions.