|Affirmative Action Advisory Committee (1)||2|
|Cable Television Advisory Committee (4)||1, 2, 3 and 4|
|Citizen Advisory Council (2)||2|
|Commission on Disability (1 associate)||1, 2 or 3|
|Community Development Advisory Committee (3)||2, 3 and 4|
|Conservation Commission (2)||1 and 3|
|Elder Affairs Commission (1)||any district|
|GAR Memorial Hall Board of Trustees (3)||any district|
|Board of Health (1)||any district|
|Historical Commission (3)||1 any district, 1 Mass Ave, 1 Montvale|
|Hope Cemetery Board (2)||2 and 3|
|Human Rights Commission (1)||any district|
|Worcester Arts Council (2)||any district|
|Zoning Board of Appeals (1 associate)||any district|
Some boards and commissions require neighborhood representation. If you are not chosen for a board for that reason, you may be considered for another board.
- Eligibility requirements: 1) be a registered voter; 2) be a resident in the district for one year (except for Executive Boards); 3) not be a City employee (except for Advisory Boards).
- Candidates should send a completed application, letter of interest, along with resume, if available, to:
Citizens Advisory Council
c/o City Manager's Office
455 Main Street, City Hall
Worcester, MA 01608
Fax: (508) 799-1208
You will receive confirmation that your application, resume and letter of intent were received as well as to confirm your attendance at one of the selection meetings. Selection meetings are held at 6:30 PM and are scheduled on the following dates. You must attend one of the meetings:
- Thursday, November 20, 2014 (Senior Center)
- Monday, January 12, 2015
- Tuesday, March 10, 2015
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015 (Library)
- Tuesday, September 1, 2015 (Library)
- Thursday, November 12, 2015
Applicants from under-represented groups in the City are encouraged to apply.
Please be advised that you may submit an application any time and be notified by mail of the ongoing vacancies that occur on the City Boards/Commissions.