The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
ACCESS TO RECOVERY PROGRAM FACILITATOR
MASSHIRE CAREER CENTER
CITY OF WORCESTER
The City of Worcester seeks an Access to Recovery (ATR) Program Facilitator. Working closely with the Returning Citizens & Recovery Team, as well as community ex-offender programs, the Access to Recovery (ATR) Program Facilitator will oversee program cohorts’ activities using established curriculum to identify & participate in career pathway programing. This position reports to the ATR Program Manager & also administratively supports other Career Center teams, as needed. The ATR Program facilitator will be required to travel between sites based on operational needs. Responsibilities include:
• Network, collaborate and communicate efficiently and effectively with MassHire Central program participants/teams, and other community stakeholders.
• Develop Individualized Service Plans based on assessments and perform appropriate data entry.
• Follow up with progress notes on a regular basis in accordance with established standards, definitions, protocols, and policies.
• Conduct timely, accurate, and complete documentation and reports reflecting services rendered and progress made toward mutually identified participant goals.
• Provide clients with information regarding supplemental services within the career centers and referrals to community/partner resources.
The successful candidate with have strong written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; strong group facilitation skills; and computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). The qualified applicant will have the ability to learn, motivate, and build consensus for implementation of projects, team initiatives, and organizational goals/objectives; to effectively provide guidance to individuals with barriers to employment; to work in a team environment, as well as individually; to network and collaborate with program partners on behalf of the Career Center; to research, problem solve, and collect appropriate documentation; and to work with diverse populations. Bilingual individuals are encouraged to apply.
• Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Human Services, or related field
• Two (2) years of experience with group facilitation and/or case management
• Experience with social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, & Twitter
• A valid MA Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Services, or related field
• Five (5) years of experience with group facilitation and/or case management
• Understanding of substance abuse and recovery counseling
• Experience in a workforce development environment
• Working knowledge of local community resources including government and/or non-government agencies
SALARY RANGE: $22.22 - $24.41 hourly, full-time, with an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Open until filled. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.