Parking Ticket Appeals
- Parking ticket appeals are overseen by the Parking Administration Office.
- M.G.L. Chapter 90, Section 20A ½ allows individuals to appeal unpaid parking tickets.
- All appeals must be received within 21 days of the date of the ticket issuance.
- Payment of the ticket is an admission of the parking violation.
- Parking ticket appeals may be made online, by mail or in person.
- Once the Parking Administration Office receives the parking ticket appeal, the ticket is placed on "hold" and does not accumulate penalties for the duration of the appeal.
- Appeals received (including online) Monday through Friday after 4:30 p.m., as well as on a weekend or holiday, are processed the next business day.
- The appeal must include the name and address of the person appealing the ticket, the name and address of the registered owner of the vehicle if it is not the same and the reason for the appeal. The appeal must include any evidence, diagrams or documentation supporting the appeal.
- The Parking Administration Office has 21 days to answer any written appeal.
Online Parking Ticket Appeals
Parking Ticket Appeal Form
- A person may request a hearing in lieu of a written appeal by calling the Parking Administrator Office.
- If denied on a written appeal, you may request a hearing to provide any additional evidence not provided with the written appeal.
- Decisions made by the Parking Administrator are final.
- You may appeal a Final Judgment from the Parking Administrator to the Superior Court.
To appeal a Final Judgment issued by the Parking Administrator, the Appellant must contact the Superior Court Clerk directly to request information on the appeal process by calling 508-831-2000 or visiting the Worcester Superior Court office at:
Worcester Superior Court
225 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01608