MASSHIRE CAREER CENTER
CITY OF WORCESTER
The Workforce Development/MassHire Central Career Center (MCCC) seeks applicants for the position of Upskilling Navigator (Senior Staff Assistant) to support the recruitment, screening, and enrollment of MCCC job seekers into American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)-funded upskilling training programs. This position will help those job seekers interested in upskilling their vocational abilities and credentials to achieve their employment and career goals in regional priority industries via ARPA-funded training grants. To achieve this for MCCC job seekers, the Upskilling Navigator will need to creatively recruit candidates for the training programs, determine candidates’ eligibility for specific training programs, and support enrolled trainees through program completion. Additionally, the Upskilling Navigator will need to develop relationships and collaborate closely with a variety of groups and organizations by networking and marketing MassHire services and training opportunities.
Bilingual and multilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of local community resources including both government and non-government agencies.
- Experience in establishing/facilitating strong partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Project coordination experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and virtual communications skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, high levels of accuracy & organization, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Word Office Suite -Word, Excel, Power Point, & Outlook; and database formats).
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse populations, organizations, and interests.
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain detailed records on an automated and/or manual system.
- Ability to track and utilize data to drive decision-making.
- Must be able to work independently, and as a member of a team, set priorities, adhere to deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and be sensitive to, understand, and respect job seeker and staff confidentiality issues.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to adapt to meet the needs of Career Center operations.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism by attendance, punctuality, appearance, & demeanor.
- Ability to communicate challenges and/or concerns.
- Ability to travel using personal vehicle to offsite locations. (Mileage reimbursed.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Public Administration, Social Services, Psychology, or related field.
- Three (3) years’ related experience in career counseling, case management, and/or job development & retention; OR,
- An equivalent combination of education & experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the required duties of the position will be considered in lieu of the above mentioned requirements.
- Experience with digital media marketing tools and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in working with diverse communities.
- Valid MA driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Master’s Degree in Business/Public Administration, Social Services, Psychology, or related field.
- Five (5) years of related experience in career counseling, case management, and/or job development and retention.
- Educational certificate in Marketing, Digital Media Marketing.
- BOUNCE Training Program Certification
- Certification in resume writing and critiquing.
- Knowledge of MassHire system and regional employment trends is a plus
- Familiarity and experience in working with local community-based organizations.
- Familiarity and experience in working with local trade and vocational skills training providers.
- Experience working with ex-offenders, people in early recovery, and/or at-risk populations.
SALARY RANGE: $61,508 - $66,120 annually, full-time, exempt, with an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Open until filled. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.