The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
TREASURER & COLLECTOR OF TAXES
CITY OF WORCESTER
The Treasurer and Collector of Taxes seeks to fill the position of Teller. The teller is the customer-facing representative of the City for in-person receipting of taxpayer, resident and other payments to the City of Worcester. The Teller is responsible for receipting cash, check and credit card payments for Real Estate, Personal Property and Excise taxes, as well as fees, assessments, betterments or any other municipal charges. The Teller is accountable for the safekeeping, reconciliation and remittance of all receipts processed by the Collector’s Office. All transactions must be processed in accordance with the Collector’s policies and procedures and must be promptly and accurately recorded in the City’s books and records. The Teller must also provide exceptional customer service, maintaining a high level of professionalism at all times while working with the general public.
Bilingual and multilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong organizational skills, accuracy, and detail orientation.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Experience with receipts processing and receivables.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Cash handling and cash register experience, including reconciliation of cash drawer.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time in a defined, secure teller bank.
• Ability to work in a high traffic, and time sensitive environment.
• Ability to work independently, consistently and reliably in a tightly scheduled department.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Five (5) years of experience in cash handling and customer service.
• Accounting and receivables education and/or experience.
SALARY RANGE: $19.60 - $26.02 hourly, full-time with an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter on or before FRIDAY, MAY 27, 2022 to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.