SEASONAL MAINTENANCE DIRECTOR
(PARKS STEWARDS PROGRAM)
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS & PARKS
CITY OF WORCESTER
The Department of Public Works & Parks is seeking to fill the Seasonal Maintenance Director position. This position is responsible for supervising, planning, and implementing comprehensive park maintenance for the community. Work involves leadership responsibility of the seasonal park maintenance staff, including organizing, staffing, training, supervising, and evaluating staff performance. Work is performed in accordance with standard park maintenance practices and procedures. The position will supervise all part-time, and seasonal park maintenance staff.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of routine park maintenance, equipment, and pool operations
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing conduct of park users
- Basic management and administrative skills; basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to perform and learn basic landscaping skills
- Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring physical exertion
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and to perform manual labor & work in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to work within wooded areas, on trails and in minimally accessible areas
- Ability to establish effective working relations with other employees and the public
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of experience in a supervisory role with general maintenance or landscaping projects
- Two (2) years of experience in custodial work
- Ability to perform basic administrative duties
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass CORI/SORI
- Associates Degree in a related field
- Three (3) years of experience in general maintenance and/or landscaping
- Three (3) years of experience in a supervisory role with general maintenance or landscaping projects
- Basic understanding of reading and interpreting geographic maps/street maps
- Experience working with handheld radios and operating communication systems
- Demonstrated basic administrative abilities to write reports and ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Certification in First Aid and CPR/AED preferred
SALARY: $20.25 hourly, part-time, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.