The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
WORCESTER FIRE DEPARTMENT
CITY OF WORCESTER
The City of Worcester seeks applicants for the position of Plant Engineer to assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the Worcester Fire Department’s buildings and grounds. The Plant Engineer is responsible for the coordination, development and supervision of the cleaning, maintenance, upkeep, and repair of 10 Fire Stations and other buildings and grounds, physical plant as well as the installation, repair and servicing of physical facilities. The successful candidate will have knowledge of building maintenance; building trades; physical plants operations; HVAC; be able to schedule and prioritize work; and establish and maintain working relationships. This position performs duties as required following established methods and procedures. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Make all required machinery and system(s) tests and inspections. Trouble shoot malfunctions or inoperative systems and make necessary repairs or corrections;
• See that physical plant facility, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, machinery and equipment are properly maintained;
• Ensure that grounds, lawns, walkways and parking areas are clean and maintained;
• Maintain inventory of parts and supplies for the department and responsible for the purchase of building supplies;
• Prepare and maintain a variety of logs, records, reports, tests, analysis, documents, and other information.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent plus additional specialized trades training in building maintenance and repair
• Five (5) or more years of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, physical plant experience
• Valid MA Driver’s License
• Associate’s degree in Construction Management or in a related field
• Seven (7) or more years of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, physical plant experience
SALARY RANGE: $23.27 - $30.93 hourly, full-time, with an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. The position is open until filled. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.