For Immediate Release: 3/22/2023 3:21 pm
WORCESTER, Mass. – On Sunday, March 26, from 1:00-3:00 PM, the City of Worcester and the Worcester Public Schools will hold a rolling rally to honor the North High School Boys’ Basketball Team’s historic Division 1 Championship win. It marked the first time in Worcester’s history that a public high school sports team secured a Division 1 Championship.
The rally will culminate with a ceremony at Polar Park to honor the team. The North High Polar Bears won 73-64 over Needham High School in the state’s Division 1 final on March 19 at the Tsongas Arena in Lowell.
The team will receive police escorts and travel the route on a Beantown Betty duck boat. Numerous student athletes, city and elected officials, and others will celebrate and honor the team in a ceremony at Polar Park at the culmination of the rolling rally.
WHEN: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 1:00-3:00 PM
WHERE: This event is a “rolling rally,” which differs from a parade. The participants will travel between locations and conduct a slow-moving rally at the locations listed in bold and with asterisks.
Rolling Rally Route:
• Depart: North High School, 140 Harrington Way
• Harrington Way to Plantation Street
• Plantation Street to Belmont Street (Rt. 9)
• Belmont Street to Goldsberry Street (behind Worcester Police Dept.)
• Goldsberry Street (Behind WPD) and Plumley Village* (Tribute to fallen police officers and NHS alumni; home to many current NHS students.)
• Summer Street to Washington Square (Union Station)
• Washington Square to Grafton Street to Temple Street
• Temple Street to Green Street
• Green Street to Polar Park
• Main Event: Polar Park, 100 Madison St.*