Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance
Public Notice: Currently, the Academic Health Collaborative Website is offline - if you are inquiring about internship opportunities, please Email Us.
The mission of the Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance is to improve, promote, and protect the health and safety of residents in participating Massachusetts municipalities through the formation of strong community and acadmic partnerships, data-driven decision-making, and delivery of high quality public health services.
The Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance will be a nationally recognized model for an efficient, effective, and equitable regional public health system in the healthiest region in New England.
- Fulfill all statutory responsibilities, enforce laws, and assure compliance with regulations that protect the public’s health and ensure safety
- Adopt and integrate the Insitute of Medicine’s three core public health functions of assessment, policy development, and assurance and the Ten Essentials of Public Health as the framework for a systems approach to carrying out public health functions
- Provide leadership to foster collaboration and coordination among the many partners in the region’s public health system
- Promote and advocate for policies, programs, and practices that advance health equity and contribute to the elimination of health disparities
- Engage and include residents, community and health care providers, academics, business owners, faith leaders, the media, and government officials in public health improvement efforts, including assessing public health needs and resources, setting priorities, planing interventions, and evaluating effectiveness and progress
- Basic public health policy, practice, priorities, and evaluation on evidence and science; use a population-based approach to determine public health needs and effectiveness of interventions
- Utilize performance measures to improve and sustain high quality employees and a public health department committed to continuous quality improvement
- Create an organization committed to being at the forefront of public health learning through the formation of academic partnerships and investment in the public health workforce
What We Do
“Public Health is the science of protecting and improving the health of communities through education, promotion of healthy lifestyles, and research for disease and injury prevention.”
The Alliance works to protect and improve community well-being by preventing disease and injury by promoting social, economic and environmental factors fundamental to health. The local helth department is the foundation of the local public health system that comprises public- and private-sector health care providers, academia, community based organizations, business, the media and other local and state governmental entities.