Fall Leaf Collection
The City of Worcester is proud to offer fall leaf collection service to its residents because most communities do not provide curb side leaf collection. The DPW&P strives to reach the best possible balance when notifying the public of the upcoming leaf collection schedule. We wish to give residents enough notice to move their leaves into the street, but also not to impose longer than necessary on-street parking restrictions.
Generally, notice is given 1-2 days in advance. However, a variety of factors may impact our ability to collect leaves such as inclement weather, etc. We appreciate resident cooperation for the duration of the program. Residents always have the option of bringing their leaves to one of the leaf and yard waste drop-off sites.
The 2018 Fall Leaf Collection Program has concluded.
Collection Schedule & Status Map
What to Do
- Wait until signs are posted to push leaves into the gutter.
- Take brush, branches and leaves to a Yard Waste Disposal Site:
- 1065 Millbury St. (Wed. 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m., Sat. 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Sun. 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) - only site for large branches.
- Chandler St. Across from Foley Stadium (Wed. 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m., Sat. 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Clark St. Near E. Mountain St. (Wed. 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m., Sat. 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Observe "No Parking Signs" when posted.
- Use biodegradable paper bags if you are bagging leaves.
What NOT to Do
- DO NOT put leaves in the gutter before signs are posted.
- DO NOT block catch basins.
- DO NOT put brush, branches, plastics or other trash and litter in the gutter.
- DO NOT park where signs are posted (fines may result).
If You Have Questions