× PUBLIC NOTICE: City Hall and all public buildings will be closed to the public until further notice due to the Coronavirus Emergency. More Info
Quinapoxet Pipeline Project
Schedule of Work
Week of 3/30/20
- Work on Princeton St. near Princeton Ln. – excavation activities.
- Work on Princeton St. near High St. – excavation activities.
- Temporary signals to be installed at the Princeton St./Quinapoxet/Mt. Pleasant intersection and near Princeton Ln. Expect traffic stoppages/delays and detours. Signals will operate 24/7.
- Expect one lane traffic on Princeton St. between Quinapoxet/Mt. Pleasant intersection and Jackson St. intersection.
- Expect one lane traffic on Princeton St. near High St.
- Work at 1567 and 1569 Main St. – site preparation and potential excavation activities.
- Potential for a closed shoulder on Main St. – expect minor delays, this will remain as 2 lanes of traffic.
At a Glance
- Phase 1 Project Start - November 2019
- Project Duration - 2 Years
- Phase 2 anticipated to begin late 2020
This project will replace the existing 1930's steel water main that transfers water between the Quinapoxet Reservoir and the Kendall Reservoir in the Town of Holden. The project will be completed in two phases with the first phase beginning in November 2019 and continuing through November 2020. The project includes the following major components:
- Replacement of approximately 3 miles of 36-inch steel water main.
- Replacement to be achieved via 30-inch PVC sliplining, open cut excavation, or Spray in Place Pipe technologies.
- Addition of valves for control of water flow.
- All new manholes, manhole covers.
Construction Phase Activity and Impacts to Local Residents
The City is committed to working with local businesses and residents to limit the disruption caused during this project. However, due to the nature of the work being done and the constraints of the project area, there will be impacts to traffic and businesses. We appreciate your consideration and patience while we work to complete this project. If you would like additional information or have any concerns that you would like to share, please call the Department of Public Works & Parks Customer Service Center at 508-929-1300.
Travelers of Route 122A, Princeton Street and Whitney Street in Holden may encounter delays during construction. See detour maps below. Commuters are encouraged to review the schedule of work and to seek alternate routes during active construction.
Detours in place during work hours only. Roads will be opened back up at end of each day.
Princeton Street Traffic Detour Map Whitney Street Traffic Detour Map Email Notifications
Back to Home