The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
REGIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST
DIVISION OF PUBLIC HEALTH
CITY OF WORCESTER
The City of Worcester’s Division of Public Health seeks candidates for the position of Regional Environment Health Specialist. The Regional Environmental Health Specialist works independently throughout the 6 towns that comprise the Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance conducting routine food inspections, public and semi-public pool inspections, beach inspections, body art and tanning inspections, camp inspections, and title 5 work. This position may be asked to follow up on housing and nuisance complains. The Regional Environmental Health Specialist must have thorough knowledge of Massachusetts general laws, rules and regulations pertaining to public health and general sanitation. This position includes occasional night and weekend work as well as the ability to respond to emergencies after hours.
The successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills; strong critical thinking and problem solving skills; strong organizational skills; computer proficiency (including Microsoft Office Suite); and familiarity with federal, state, and local laws pertaining to environmental health and public health sanitation. The qualified applicant will also have the ability to meet deadlines; to prepare written reports; to work independently; and to work in multiple work environments.
• Bachelor’s degree in science, environmental health, public health, or related field
• A valid Massachusetts Driver’s License and reliable transportation required
• Ability to test for and attain Registered Sanitarian license within 1 year of appointment
• One to three (1 - 3) years’ experience conducting environmental health inspections in a public health setting
• Registered Sanitarian
• Valid food protection manager certification, certified pool operator, licensed lead determiner, Title 5 certified soil evaluator, and/or certified system inspector
SALARY RANGE: $47,002.46 - $60,735.86 annually, full-time, excellent benefits package
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter on or before FRIDAY, MAY 29, 2020 to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference given to Worcester Residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.