The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
SITE COORDINATOR VIRTUAL
CITY OF WORCESTER
PENDING FUNDING APPROVAL
The Site Coordinator Virtual is responsible for coordinating and managing one school site and one specialized club. The Site Coordinator will also develop virtual curriculum, manage and support youth workers and youth participants, handle administrative duties, and oversee virtual video conferencing meetings. Other responsibilities include supervision of a team of Youth Workers, communicating with community members, Worcester Public Schools (WPS) educators and school staff, and Recreation Worcester Program staff in order to facilitate weekly programming.
The successful applicant will possess strong communication skills; demonstrated proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive, and experience with video conferencing platforms including the ability to host virtual meetings. The qualified candidate will have the ability to build relationships and networking skills with students, colleagues, and community members; ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations, organizations, and interests; ability to work with students with special educational or emotional needs; ability to provide and receive constructive feedback; ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• One (1) year of experience in youth work and/or youth serving program
• Previous experience working with curriculum development
• Demonstrated computer proficiency and experience utilizing video conferencing platforms
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have an updated physical exam in the past 12 months
• Ability to pass CORI/SORI check
• Experience working with children and families from diverse cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities
• Experience facilitating activities and programming
• Worcester Resident
SALARY: $16.00 - $16.50 hourly, part-time, seasonal, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.