The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
The City of Worcester is seeking building monitors to assist with the re-opening of City buildings to the public. The monitors will direct the public, clean common areas, counters, door handles etc. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated customer service skills and the ability to assist with self-service computer stations.
This position requires the ability to work professionally and cooperatively with the public, all levels of staff, diverse populations. Excellent, communication, interpersonal and computer skills are needed. Must be able to handle sensitive information with discretion and good judgment.
• Assist and direct the public
• Assist the public with self-service computer kiosks
• Disinfect common areas and equipment such as counters, computers, door handles etc.
• Receive and issue pre-ordered documents from various department for the public
• Ensure compliance with social distancing signage and markers
• 3 years’ experience with walk in customer service
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience working with diverse populations
• Experience using computers and online programs
This is a temporary, unbenefited 40 hour position for 3-6 months
$14.00 per hour.
Applicants should apply online by visiting Worcester.gov/employment opportunities
The City of Worcester assures that every individual shall have equal access to all City employment opportunities. The City is all inclusive and will not discriminate on the basis of disability, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, race, age, color, religious creed, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, military service or source of income.