The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
OFFICE OF THE TREASURER & COLLECTOR OF TAXES
CITY OF WORCESTER
The Office of the Treasurer & Collector of Taxes seeks applicants for a Customer Service Representative position. Reporting to the Manager of Taxation and Payroll, this position is responsible for handling inquiries and providing information pertaining to payroll and other disbursements from the Treasurer & Collector’s Office. Duties include:
• Respond to incoming employee and constituent inquiries by phone, email, and in-person
• Process and research payroll and other disbursement transactions
• Prepare daily check disbursements
• Conduct mailroom operations; including sorting and preparing incoming/outgoing mail and inter-office mail, and operating automated mailing machinery and postage meters
• Sort and distribute incoming City Hall mail
Work will involve independent analysis and problem resolution in accordance with departmental and City policies and practices.
The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; will have experience with editing documents in a word processing application and entering data into databases and/or spreadsheets; demonstrated computer proficiency; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; excellent telephone skills/etiquette; and ability to provide excellent customer service. The qualified candidate will have the ability to work and learn in a fast paced setting with frequent interruptions; ability to remain professional under all circumstances; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to work with diverse groups; ability to manage multiple priorities/multitask in a fast paced environment; ability to perform basic math functions; ability to maintain confidentiality; and ability to prioritize and be organized.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• One (1) year of work experience providing customer service in an office setting
• Prior experience working with Microsoft Office Excel to analyze and/or reconcile financial data
• Two (2) years of work experience providing customer service in an office setting
• Experience working with payroll and/or accounts payable
• Experience with accounting in a technical, integrated systems environment
SALARY: $14.90 - $19.52 hourly, full-time, excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter on or before FRIDAY, APRIL 16, 2021 to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.