Administration & Special Project Management
Paul D. Morano, Jr. - Assistant Chief Development Officer
Headed by the Assistant Chief Development Officer for Administration and Special Project Management, the priorities of the Divisions include:
- Facilitating small- and large-scale development projects and disposition of City-owned surplus land.
- Engagement in planning initiatives to create new places for Worcester’s growth and expansion.
- Marketing Worcester’s assets to the region and beyond.
Business & Community Development
Hung Nguyen - Assistant Chief Development Officer
Headed by the Assistant Chief Development Officer for Business & Community Development, the priorities of the Division include:
- Promotion of private enterprises through financial and site search assistance.
- Outreach to key property owners to encourage and support revitalizing opportunities for land redevelopment.
- Improving connections between and among the City’s many economic generators.
- Connecting entrepreneurs and property owners with public financing opportunities.
- Providing advocacy and supportive services to Worcester-based businesses.
Neighborhood Development & Housing Development
Andrew Taylor - Assistant Chief Development Officer
Headed by the Assistant Chief Development Officer for Grants Management and Compliance, the priorities of the Divisions include:
- Providing neighborhood-based public services and housing development that focuses on the provision of enhanced physical and human infrastructure systems in challenged neighborhood areas.
- Facilitating neighborhood redevelopment in collaboration with the neighborhood-based non-profit organizations, neighborhood institutions, stakeholders, regulatory authorities, and other City Departments to address neighborhood needs and concerns.
- Securing, managing, and monitoring millions of dollars in intergovernmental grant programs that provide for family and individual safety-net services each year.
- Implementing comprehensive neighborhood stabilization and revitalization initiatives.
Planning & Regulatory Services
Stephen S. Rolle - Assistant Chief Development Officer
Headed by the Assistant Chief Development Officer for Planning & Regulatory Services, the priorities of the Division include:
- Providing board support, as well as program and policy analysis, related to land use issues and regulatory programs.
- Providing direct customer service to developers, real estate attorneys, architects, engineers, and residents regarding land use and zoning.
- Coordinating interdepartmental analytical efforts.
- Playing an important role in the City’s future development by balancing quality-of-life, long term sustainability, and economic competitive advantage.