Practice These Safety Tips on Halloween and Follow CDC Holiday Guidance
For Immediate Release:
10/21/2021 6:41 pm
Trick or Treating in Worcester is recommended for Sunday, Oct. 31, 4-7 p.m.
Enjoy this fun tradition with your family safely by following some simple safety tips (below and attached). And as the holiday season approaches, the CDC offers guidance to help you enjoy your holiday traditions while keeping yourself and others safe.
For Halloween and Trick or Treating:
- Choose bright colors that make your child more visible in the dark
- Provide children with flashlights. Be sure they can see through their mask/makeup
- Maintain clear escape routes by keeping extis clear of decorations
- Establish a pre-planned route and only visit houses with their porch lights on
- Be a safe pedestrian. Look both ways and use established crosswalks
- Inspect candy and treats before consumption
- Drive slowly and stay alert in residential neighborhoods
- Walk in groups wiht a trusted adult. children under 12 should be supervised
- Never accept rides from strangers or enter a stranger's home
The City of Worcester wishes all trick or treaters a happy and safe Halloween!