For Immediate Release: 5/31/2020 1:11 pm
Worcester – The City of Worcester has released the following COVID-19 update for May 31:
• There are 4,189 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in the City of Worcester. This is an increase of 72 cases from Saturday, May 30.
• Positive case counts in surrounding towns: Shrewsbury: 270; Holden: 80; Grafton: 84; Leicester: 137; Millbury: 220 (as of Friday).
• All combined medical facilities of Saint Vincent Hospital and UMass Memorial Health Care had 141 (decrease of 13 from Saturday) total COVID-positive in-patients and 55 (decrease of 3 from Saturday) total COVID-positive ICU patients today. To date, their facilities have had 281 (increase of 2 from Saturday) total COVID-related deaths. A total of 334 of their employees have tested positive for the virus (increase of 2 from Saturday).
• The number of total COVID-positive patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 143 since May 1.
• The total number of COVID-positive ICU patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 52 since May 1.
• Beaumont Rehabilitation census: 59 in-patients; Total of 193 treated; 88 beds available.
• North High homeless shelter census: 26 clients (COVID-19 negative; no change from Friday).
• The next City of Worcester COVID-19 media briefing will be held Tuesday, June 2 at 4:30 p.m. on the third floor of City Hall. Going forward, media briefings will be held each Tuesday and Thursday only. The City will provide updated numbers on COVID-19 cases on days where there is not a media briefing.