The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
SEASONAL MAINTENANCE DIRECTOR
(PARKS STEWARD PROGRAM)
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS & PARKS
CITY OF WORCESTER
The Department of Public Works & Parks seeks a Seasonal Maintenance Director. This position is charged with supervising, planning, and implementing comprehensive park maintenance for the community. Work involves leadership responsibility of the seasonal park maintenance staff, including organizing, staffing, training, supervising, and evaluating projects and staff. Work is performed in accordance with standard park maintenance practices and procedures. The Seasonal Maintenance Director supervises all part-time, seasonal park maintenance staff.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of routine park maintenance, equipment, and pool operation;
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing conduct of parks/users;
• Ability to perform and learn basic landscaping skills;
• Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions;
• Ability to perform manual tasks requiring physical exertion;
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds;
• Ability to perform manual labor & work in a variety of weather conditions;
• Ability to work within wooded areas, on trails and in minimally accessible areas;
• Ability to establish effective working relations with other employees and the general public;
• Valid MA driver’s license.
• Administrative and managerial skills; basic computer software skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Five (5) years of experience in a supervisory role with general maintenance or landscaping projects
• Two (2) years of experience in custodial work
• Ability to perform basic administrative duties
• Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be able to pass CORI/SORI
• Associates Degree in a related field
• Three (3) years of experience in general maintenance and/or landscaping
• Six (6) years of experience in a supervisory role with general maintenance or landscaping projects
• Basic understanding of reading and interpreting geographic maps/street maps
• Experience working with hand held radios and operating communication systems
• Demonstrated basic administrative abilities to write reports and ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite programs
• Certification in First-Aid and CPR/AED preferred
SALARY: $20.25 hourly, seasonal, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment. DEADLINE: Open Until Filled. Preference is given to Worcester Residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.