The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
DIVISION OF YOUTH OPPORTUNITIES
CITY OF WORCESTER
The Division of Youth Opportunities in collaboration with the Cultural Development Division is seeking qualified candidates to fulfill the role of Youth Leader for the “Create 508 - Youth Creatives and Entrepreneurs program”. The mission of the program is to support youth leaders to drive Worcester’s culture, community, and business of art! Youth Leaders will meet regularly with the program’s Artist Mentors and Program Coordinator to engage in training, workshops, and dialogues; learn from guest speakers and panels; and organize and host a public event to spotlight and showcase youth artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs from Worcester. During sessions, Youth Leaders will have the opportunity to develop leadership and workforce skills, skills related to cultural organizing, event planning, art curation, community engagement, marketing and branding, and other skills pertaining to the fields of arts and culture. Youth Leaders will be supported to implement these skills by planning, organizing, hosting, and evaluating their final event: a youth led public space for youth artists, creatives, and entrepreneurs to showcase, spotlight, and amplify their projects, voices, and networks. The final event will build community and contribute to Worcester’s landscape of creative and cultural community spaces.
Bilingual and multilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Successful candidates will have experience creating art, engaging in cultural/community organizing, planning events, and/or youth entrepreneurship;
• Strong passion for creating positive social change in our community;
• Strong passion for arts and culture;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to work as part of a team, and be flexible;
• Ability to build relationships with peers and community members;
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations.
• Special interest in art, culture, and/or entrepreneurship
• Must pass a criminal background check (CORI & SORI)
• Must have an updated physical in the past 12 months
• Valid work permit required if under 18 years of age
• Experience with community/youth programming
• Experience working with children and families from diverse backgrounds
• Special interest in community organizing
SALARY RANGE: $15.00 - $15.50 per hour, part-time, seasonal, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Open until filled. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.