The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
SITE COORDINATOR, ASSISTANT SITE COORDINATOR, & YOUTH WORKER
DIVISION OF YOUTH OPPORTUNITIES
CITY OF WORCESTER
The Division of Youth Opportunities seeks applicants for the positions of Site Coordinator, Assistant Site Coordinator, and Youth Worker for the Recreation Worcester In-Person Summer 2022 program, which takes place across local City parks.
Site Coordinators are responsible for communicating programming to participant families and communicating policy and procedures to staff, volunteers, and youth. Site Coordinators will manage curriculum, on-site partnerships, and data and evaluation. Site Coordinators will oversee and manage all aspects of parks assigned to ensure quality of programming and safety of youth. Assistant Site Coordinators are responsible for implementing athletic, academic, and art programs for the Recreation Worcester participants. Responsibilities for this position consist of overseeing site logistics, data collection, and assisting with management of all aspects of assigned park(s) to ensure safety and quality of programming for youth. Youth Workers are responsible for connecting with youth in the community; assisting youth in performing daily activities, and providing one on one support. Youth workers will assist in facilitating training and planning sessions with youth, and supporting the coordination and management of youth led activities and events at their site.
Bilingual and multilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to think clearly and logically;
• Strong desire and ability to supervise staff and youth participants;
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations, organizations, and interests;
• Ability to work collaboratively with community partners and families;
• Ability to work with students with special educational or emotional needs;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be flexible, timely, and to multitask;
• Ability to build relationships and networking skills with students, colleagues, and community members;
• Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback;
• Ability to work up to forty (40) hours per week.
• Six (6) months experience in youth development work and/or youth serving program
• Must pass a criminal background check (CORI & SORI)
• Must have an updated physical exam in the past 12 months
• Valid work permit required if under 18 years of age
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Six (6) months of previous supervisory experience
• Six (6) months of previous administrative experience
• Experience working with children and families from diverse cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities
• Experience facilitating OST (out of school time) activities
• Experience working with Google Drive and/or Microsoft Office Suite
SALARY RANGE: $15.00 - $17.50 hourly, seasonal, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Open until filled. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.