DIRECTOR OF IT ADMINISTRATION
TECHNICAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
CITY OF WORCESTER
The City of Worcester seeks applicants for the position of Director of Administration (Network Administrator) to assist the CIO and Deputy CIO in overseeing the day-to-day administration, finance and policy strategy and processes for the City’s Technical Services Department. The Department provides a wide-range of centralized technology services to a 1,600+ user community and has a staff spread across different locations and performing work in the field. Under the general supervision of the Deputy CIO, some responsibilities of the Director include:
- Manage day-to-day fiscal operations, including, overseeing operating and capital budgets, payroll, accounts payable/receivables, financial forecasting, and strong collaboration with the City’s Budget Department.
- Oversee Department procurement processes, including determination of appropriate procurement vehicles, development of high quality request, bid and evaluation documents, and strong collaboration with the City’s Procurement Department.
- Manage day-to-day departmental human resource operations, including staffing projections and planning, recruiting, onboarding, off boarding, performance management, discipline, and strong collaboration with the City’s Human Resources Department.
- Manage software and hardware maintenance and support contracts, ensuring vendor contract compliance and lifecycle management.
- Maintain and update the City’s IT Strategic Plan, including ongoing coordination with other City departments to ensure consistent alignment of strategic goals and objectives, provides timely reporting on strategic plan-related initiatives, and manage departmental budget metrics.
- Develop and maintain the City’s IT policies and procedures and maintain strong knowledge of current IT Service Management practices, to ensure the reliability, integrity, security and privacy of the City’s technology assets.
- Coordinate, develop and maintain the departmental service catalog and service level agreements.
- Coordinate and maintain a portfolio of city-wide IT initiatives
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the provisions of MA State Procurement Law; familiarity with MGL 30B
- Working knowledge of municipal budgeting and standard financial operating practices
- Familiarity with good HR practices
- Familiarity with IT strategic planning
- Familiarity with technology terms and conditions
- Familiarity with technology rationalization processes
- Familiarity with IT asset management
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Excellent management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient skill in the operation of personal computers and office equipment; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations in a fast-paced technical environment that supports mission-critical functions
- Ability to analyze complex problems and make sound recommendations for resolution
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to conduct independent research and to prepare detailed, accurate financial and operational reports and written correspondence
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Public Administration, Management, or related field;
- Three (3) years of experience managing administrative and financial management functions;
- Three (3) years if experience as an administrative supervisor;
- Three (3) years of experience using ERP systems including payroll, accounts payable, purchasing; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, will be considered in lieu of the above mentioned requirements.
- Valid MA driver’s license.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a technical environment.
- Strong knowledge of Chapter 30B of Massachusetts General Laws.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL framework.
SALARY RANGE: $84,904 - $111,724 annually, full-time, exempt, with an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. OPEN UNTIL FILLED, applications received on or prior to FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2022 will receive preference. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.