The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
ASSISTANT SITE COORDINATOR & YOUTH WORKER
(SUMMER VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING)
DIVISION OF YOUTH OPPORTUNITIES
CITY OF WORCESTER
The Assistant Site Coordinator will be responsible for supervising Youth Worker positions. Responsibilities will include communicating with families about virtual programming, and scheduling and overseeing coordination and implementation of virtual programming. The Assistant Site Coordinators will coordinate with the Recreation Worcester Virtual Coordinator to create and implement curriculum and professional development/coaching for staff. Youth Workers will assist with virtual curriculum development, and will facilitate activities, groups, and one-on-one conversations with youth participants. Assistant Site Coordinators and Youth Workers will assist with connecting families with resources as needed.
Bilingual and multilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication skills;
• Demonstrated proficiency with computers;
• Strong understanding of virtual programming;
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations, organizations, and interests;
• Ability to work with students with special educational or emotional needs;
• Ability to build relationships and networking skills with students, colleagues, and community members;
• Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback;
• Ability to manage staff, scheduling, lesson planning, and program implementation;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask.
• Six (6) months of experience in youth work and/or youth serving program
• Demonstrated computer proficiency and experience utilizing video conferencing platforms
• Must have an updated physical exam in the past 12 months
• Must pass a criminal background check (CORI & SORI)
• Valid work permit required if under 18 years of age
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Six (6) months of previous supervisory experience
• Six (6) months of previous administrative experience
• Experience working with children and families from diverse cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities
• Experience facilitating OST (out of school time) activities and programming
• Experience working with Google Drive and/or Microsoft Office Suite
SALARY RANGE: $15.00 - $16.50 per hour, part-time, seasonal, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Open until filled. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.