The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
CYCLING SAFETY YOUTH WORKER
DIVISION OF YOUTH OPPORTUNITIES
CITY OF WORCESTER
The Division of Youth Opportunities seeks applicants for the seasonal position of Youth Worker to support and facilitate the 2022 Bike Safety Program. Youth Workers will be responsible for executing programming and communicating policy and procedures to youth while providing a safe, clean, and fun environment for all participants. Youth Workers will also develop and facilitate a bike safety program for youth in the community, including leading workshops on basic cycling mechanics and cycling safety.
Bilingual and multilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Successful applicants will have strong communications skills;
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations, organizations, and interests;
• Ability to work with students with special educational or emotional needs;
• Ability to multi-task;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback;
• Ability to build relationships and network with students, colleagues, and community members.
• Must pass a criminal background check (CORI & SORI)
• Must have an updated physical exam in the last 12 months
• Must have a work permit if under eighteen (18) years of age
• Experience working with children and families from diverse cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities
• Experience facilitating OST (out of school time) activities and programming
• Previous work experience, training, or other experience with cycling and/or cycling safety
SALARY: $15.00 per hour, part-time, seasonal, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Open until filled. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.