The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
GATE KEEPER (SEASONAL)
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS AND PARKS
CITY OF WORCESTER
The Gate Keeper works under the direct supervision of the Parks & Recreation Coordinator, Aquatics Director, Assistant Aquatics Director, and Head Life Guard. The Gate Keeper position duties involve general tasks within the City of Worcester Parks system. Assignments may include pool attendant, distribution of meals with the summer food program, assisting with summer special events within the City of Worcester and/or assigned to a site for the duration of the summer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of routine cleaning, cleaning equipment, and of shower operation as required;
• Knowledge of rules and regulations governing conduct of facility users;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with other personnel and the general public;
• Ability to enforce facility rules and regulations firmly, tactfully and impartially;
• Ability to record daily records;
• Ability to perform manual tasks requiring some physical exertion;
• Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions;
• Ability to successfully pass CORI/SORI check.
• Previous experience performing custodial work
• Previous work experience with daily record keeping
• Previous experience working with the general public
• Excellent communication skills
• Willingness to work in variety of weather conditions
• American Red Cross First-Aid & CPR/AED Certification
SALARY: $15.00 per hour, seasonal, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment. DEADLINE: Open Until Filled. Preference is given to Worcester Residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.