The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
SEASONAL MAINTENANCE WORKERS
(TEMPORARY LABORER – HOPE CEMETERY/PARKS)
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS & PARKS
CITY OF WORCESTER
The City of Worcester seeks motivated individuals to maintain and beautify Hope Cemetery & City parks and facilities. Under the general supervision of the Director of Parks & Cemetery Maintenance, Seasonal Maintenance Workers perform routine manual maintenance operations including, but not limited to; green space maintenance, event operations, facility maintenance and other work as assigned. Employee must be able to interact with patrons and carry themselves in a proper public manner. All work is performed outdoors, in all types of weather and in accordance with the City of Worcester standard park/ cemetery maintenance practices and procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to interact with patrons and the general public in a proper and professional manner;
• Ability to work in varying weather conditions;
• Ability to work in accordance with City of Worcester standard park/cemetery maintenance practices & procedures;
• Ability to operate and use power equipment & hand tools;
• Ability to accept supervision/guidance;
• Ability to work thirty-five (35) hours per week and work holidays and weekends.
• 18 years of age or older
• Valid MA Driver’s License
SALARY: $15.50 hourly, seasonal, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment. DEADLINE: Open Until Filled. Preference is given to Worcester Residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.