The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
HEAD GATE KEEPER (SEASONAL)
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS AND PARKS
CITY OF WORCESTER
The Head Gate Keeper works under the direct supervision of the Parks & Recreation Coordinator, Aquatics Director, Assistant Aquatics Director, and Head Life Guard. The Head Gate Keeper is responsible for the daily operations of the facility, supervision of staff, and monitoring guest activities of spray parks, playgrounds, and pool facilities. Assignments may include pool attendant, boat house attendant, distribution of meals with the summer food program, assisting with summer special events within the City of Worcester and/or assigned to a site for the duration of the summer.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of routine cleaning, cleaning equipment, and of shower operation as required;
• Knowledge of rules and regulations governing conduct of facility users;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other personnel and the general public;
• Ability to enforce facility rules and regulations firmly, tactfully and impartially;
• Ability to record daily records;
• Proven ability to maintain a safe environment for other and adherence to protocols and standards;
• Ability to perform manual tasks requiring some physical exertion;
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds to a height of 48 inches;
• Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions;
• Ability to successfully pass CORI/SORI check.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent; OR,
o Two (2) years in a supervisory capacity that demonstrates directing recreation programs, sports related activities, outdoor recreational programs, and/or previous gatekeeper experience may be considered in lieu of the above mentioned requirement.
• Previous experience with planning, organizing, and supervising large groups of individuals in an outdoor environment.
• Prior experience in a supervisory capacity that demonstrates enforcement of rules, regulations, or policies.
• Previous work experience in the field of recreation, summer camp environment, aquatic and/or maintenance.
• Previous work experience with daily record keeping.
• Previous experience performing custodial work.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Basic computer skills including ability to work with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
• Familiarity and ability to operate canoes, paddleboats, and kayaks.
• Willingness to work in variety of weather conditions.
• American Red Cross First-Aid & CPR/AED Certification.
SALARY: $16.00 per hour, seasonal, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment. DEADLINE: Open Until Filled. Preference is given to Worcester Residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.