ASSISTANT HEAD GOLF PROFESSIONAL
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS & PARKS
CITY OF WORCESTER
The City of Worcester seeks qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Head Golf Professional for the Green Hill Golf Course within the Department of Public Works and Parks. Under the direction of the Director of Golf, the Assistant Head Golf Professional will implement and coordinate golf instructional programming along with execution of daily, weekly, and special events held at the course by coordinating staff needs in conjunction with other departments. Additional duties will include retail operations associated with a successful pro-shop operation, such as but not limited to purchasing, inventory management, club fitting, pricing, and displaying of merchandise. Daily operation and management of tee sheet, cart rotation and general point of sale operations along with e-marketing, website updates and reports generation are integral to the daily duties of the position.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of club fitting, cart fleet management, retail operations and instructional experience
- Knowledge of P.G.A. of America best case practice in an operational and instructional setting
- Knowledge and understanding of golf rules and implementation of rulings on the golf course
- Golf instruction skills for a variety of ability level including individual and group settings
- Skills of coordinating scheduled events having appropriate allocation of course accessibility, maintenance needs and event requirements
- Data collecting skills on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual needed basis necessary for the operation of Green Hill golf course (including weather, rounds, payroll hours, tee sheet, etc.)
- Supervisory skills such as assisting in development of fees and policies, resolving complains, disputes in a professional capacity, and supervise physical inventory
- Ability to have a positive demeanor and be a welcoming presence for all patrons
- Ability to communicate and work with populations diverse in language, socio-economic status, race/ethnicity and/or cultural backgrounds
- Ability to pass a Cori background check
- Ability to maintain good standing classification for the duration of their employment and if in PGM Program must continue to make progress through the program throughout employment.
- Ability to work outside and be exposed to all weather conditions (daily exposure to the sun & heat, and varying weather conditions)
- Ability to stand, and walk upwards of a mile a day and lift 25 pounds to shoulder height
- Ability to establish weekly shift schedules to meet pro-shop and instructional needs
- Ability to monitor point of sale operations such as transactions, reports, and tee times
- Ability to perform bank functions, such as deposits and reporting
- Ability to develop and implement best case practices for the pro-shop
- Membership in good standing of Class A or B of the P.G.A. of America, currently enrolled in a PGM program or be enrolled in Level 2 requirements
- Experience in conducting golf instruction for a variety of ability levels including individual and group settings
- Excellent communication skills
- One (1) full season in patron service experience in a golf course setting or equivalent experience
- Certified in First Aid & CPR/AED
- One (1) year of experience FORE Reservation Point of Sale System
- One (1) year of experience with working in a customer service setting in a retail environment
- One (1) year of experience of Golf Genius Tournament Software or other Golf software
- Class A member of P.G.A.
SALARY RANGE: $19.73 - $23.68 per hour, full-time, with an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. OPEN UNTIL FILLED, preference provided to applicants who applied on or before 10/13/2023. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.