The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
SENIOR WATER FILTRATION PLANT OPERATOR
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS & PARKS
CITY OF WORCESTER
The Department of Public Works and Parks seeks candidates for the position of Senior Water Filtration Plant Operator. Under the guidance of the Plant Manager, Chief Operator, Senior Operators, and established Standard Operating Procedures, this position is responsible for independent operation, maintenance, and optimization of a 50 mgd Class IV direct filtration drinking water treatment plant, and all related systems, equipment, and instrumentation. This position will be responsible for the oversight and supervision of other Water Filtration Plan personnel. The schedule for this position is three (3), 13.33-hour shifts per week and may include nights and weekends.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge & understanding of and the ability to follow all plant Standard Operating Procedures
• Ability to comply with the Surface Water Treatment Rule (SWTR)
• Knowledge of advanced treatment plant processes
• Ability to detect faulty equipment operation
• Utilize laboratory techniques and analysis using various bench top wet chemistry analyzers
• Ability to supervise, assist and direct plant operators and assistant operators
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and subordinates
• Ability to lift 60 pounds over waist height
• Ability to climb a ladder
• Ability to understand and comply with all safety procedures and SDS
• Ability to perform and maintain meticulous record keeping
• Massachusetts 3T Drinking Water Certified Operator
• Two to three (2-3) years of experience operating a drinking water treatment facility
• Valid MA Driver’s license
• Massachusetts 4T Drinking Water Certified Operator
• Prior supervisory experience
• Career focused in the drinking water profession
• Experience at a class IV Surface Water Treatment Plant
• Experience using an Ozone System in water treatment
SALARY RANGE: $27.24 - $36.43 per hour, full-time, with an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Open until filled. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.