TRAFFIC AND PARKING COMMITTEE
SEPTEMBER 28, 2006
Adjourned: 7:25 P.M.
Present were: Chairperson Councilor Joffrey A. Smith
Councilor Konstantina B. Lukes
Also: DPWP Director of Traffic Engineering Joseph Borbone
DPW Traffic Engineering Staff Ali Khorasani
DPW Traffic Staffperson James Pacenka
Assistant City Clerk Lisa M. Thomas, clerk
1. Patrick Huey request handicap parking sign at 21 Fruit St.
#53 CC October 25, 2005
In Committee February 22, 2006 – Held
2. Marco Santana request to install handicap parking sign across from 30 Arthur St.
#14 CC January 17, 2006
3. Herbert Gilbert request handicap parking sign in front of 169 Perry Ave.
#10 CC January 24, 2006
4. David Nelson request handicap parking on Front St. at Flagship Bank.
#11 CC January 24, 2006
5. Barbara Dolan request handicap parking space with 2 signs at corner of Euclid Ave. and Perry Ave.
#16 CC December 6, 2005
6. Madaline Hoaglund request handicap parking sign across from 2 Mason St.
#19 CC February 28, 2006
7. Guillermina Quinones request handicap parking in front of 14 Suffield St.
#22 CC February 28, 2006
8. Gail Astrella and Witold Bulikowski request two (2) handicap parking spots installed in front of 7 Flower St.
#6 CC March 28, 2006
Recommend Leave to Withdraw
9. Mayor Timothy P. Murray request handicap parking space be installed in the vicinity of 107 Highland St.
#24 CC April 25, 2006
10. James Clark request handicap parking sign in front of 5 Palm St.
#27 CC April 25, 2006
11. Councilor Konstantina B. Lukes, on behalf of Mr. Shyam Sharma, request a handicapped parking spot at 45 Institute Rd.
#28 CC May 2, 2006
12. Brenda St. Denis request to remove unused handicap parking spot in Everard St. (first set of poles on the left coming from Belmont St.).
#13 CC May 16, 2006
13. Andrew Beardsley request to relocate handicap parking space in front of 5 Uxbridge St.
#13 CC May 23, 2006
14. Marco Santana request to install handicap parking in front of 97 Downing St.
#19 CC September 12, 2006
15. Councilor Joffrey A. Smith on behalf of Jeffrey Richardson request to install resident sticker parking on the south side of Institute Rd. from the corner of Park Ave. westerly to Mt. Hope Terr.
#65b CC August 29, 2006
Recommend Approval as amended so that installation of the resident sticker parking is located on the south side of Institute Rd. from Russell St. to Hall St.
16. Michael Fleming request to install residential sticker parking on the even side of Florence St. between Maywood St. & Beaver St.
#59 CC August 29, 2006
17. Michael Fleming request to reverse Winter Parking Ban on Florence St. between Maywood St. and Beaver Streets.
#60 CC August 29, 2006
18. Paul Giorgio request re-examine street parking in the Winter, Water & Harding Sts. area.
#44 CC July 18, 2006
Chairman's Order That in accordance with Section 46 of Chapter 13 of the Revised Ordinance of 1996, Commercial Loading Zones are hereby rescinded at the following locations: “Harding St. East Side from a pt. 75’ North of Winter St. and Winter St. North Side from a pt. 50’ East of Harding St.”
Said Section is Further Amended by establishing Commercial Loading Zones at the following locations: “Harding St. East Side From a pt. 75’ North of Winter St. to a pt. 50’ north of Winter St. 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday and Winter St. North Side from a pt. 50’ East of Harding St. to a pt. 75’ east of Harding St. 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday”
19. Paul Picknelly, Pres. Fargo Management LLC, request to remove parking meters on the west side of Major Taylor Blvd. between Thomas St. & Central St. and install in place thereof a passenger zone at all hours, all days.
#47 CC July 18, 2006
20. Belky Alexander request the bus stop in front of Belky’s Hair Creation at 212 Chandler St. be moved.
#8 CC March 7, 2006
Recommend Approval as amended to remove the bus stop in front of Belky’s Hair Creation at 212 Chandler St.
21. Dawn E. Clark, Community Advocacy Coordinator, Center for Living & Working, Inc., request crosswalk to be placed from the driveway on High St. at the Denholm Building lot to the Fanning Trade Building on the other side of the street.
#20 CC June 13, 2006
In Committee June 29, 2006 – Held
Recommend Approval of crosswalk order and adoption of following Proposed Ordinance.
Proposed Ordinance to install a handicap space on Aldrich St. opposite the Fanning Trade Building.
22. Councilor Paul P. Clancy Jr. request a crosswalk in the vicinity of 275 Greenwood St.
#53 CC July 18, 2006
Chairman’s Order: That the Commissioner of Public Works & Parks Delete a Bus Stop – Inbound: Greenwood St. East Side Opposite Conway St. at Pole #49S and Install a Bus Stop – Inbound: Greenwood St. East Side a pt. of 108’ South of Conway St.
23. Councilor Paul P. Clancy, Jr. on behalf of Thomas Gervais request 4-way stop signs at Bedford St. and Farrar Ave.
#12 CC December 11, 2001
In Committee August 13, 2002- Held
In Committee October 28, 2002 – Held
24. Mayor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Gina Alubavicius request 3-way stop sign at intersection of Brightwood Ave. & Indiana St.
#13 CC June 17, 2003
25. Councilor Paul P. Clancy, Jr. requests a stop sign on West Upsala St. at Fairfax Rd.
#24 CC September 23, 2003
26. Councilor Konstantina B. Lukes on behalf of Ann Marie Lawrence request installation of stop sign at corner of West Upsala St. & Fairfax Rd.
#14 CC May 25, 2004 (Request similar to item #25)
27. David Vitols request stop sign at intersection of Emerson Rd. & Randall St.
#45 CC November 18, 2003
28. Mayor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Gary Wilcox request stop sign at the end of Cowden St. where it intersects with Edlin St.
#6 CC January 20, 2004
29. Joe Aromando et al request stop sign at intersection of Fairmont Ave. & Bedford St.
#15 CC April 26, 2005
In Committee September 13, 2005 - Held
30. John Colby et al request Stop signage on Moreland Green Drive.
#40 CC July 19, 2005
31. Councilor Paul P. Clancy, Jr. on behalf of Frank Bartkus request Caution Children sign on Halmstad St.
#19 CC October 21, 2003
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager request the Police Chief to install speeding surveillance on Halmstad St.
32. Councilor Juan A. Gomez on behalf of Flavia Velez request to have “Go Slow Children” sign on Northbridge St.
#12 CC June 8, 2004
33. Councilor Joseph M. Petty request the installation of “Thickly Settled” & “Children Go Slow” signs in Victor Ave. to inform motorists traveling from Main St. to Stafford St. that the safety of children is paramount.
#33 CC June 22, 2004
In Committee October 19, 2004 – Held
34. Mayor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Kathleen McNamara request Children Slow sign be installed between 15 & 17 Chesterfield Rd.
#87 CC August 16, 2005
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager request the Police Chief to install speeding surveillance on Chesterfield Rd.
35. Councilor Paul P. Clancy, Jr. on behalf of William Martin request Caution Children sign on Joseph St.
#35a CC June 13, 2006
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager request the Police Chief to install speeding surveillance on Joseph St.
36. Sharon Arnold et al request two “Children Go Slow” signs at both ends of Collins St.
#45 CC July 18, 2006
37. Nora Missiewicz & Rose Rodrique et al request to save the traffic light at Main & Sylvan Sts.
#11 CC June 24, 2003
38. David Johnson et al request a pedestrian light to be installed at 40 Belmont St. at the I-290 West On Ramp.
#52 CC August 12, 2003
39. Susan Caissie & parishioners of St. Peter’s Church request to reconsider turning off the traffic light at the corner of Downing St. & Main St.
#58 CC August 12, 2003
40. Councilor Barbara G. Haller request that a pedestrian crosswalk signal be installed in Main St. at Marble St.
#10 CC March 22, 2005
41. Councilor Barbara G. Haller request installation of a traffic signal at the intersection of Cambridge, Canterbury and Fremont Sts.
#80 CC August 16, 2005
42. Francisco Rodriguez request installation of a delayed traffic light signal at the intersection of Millbury St. and Providence St., whereby anyone turning left off Providence St. onto Millbury St. can do so safely.
#15 CC January 17, 2006
43. Councilor Philip P. Palmieri request to install a flashing light in Lake Ave. at the Marine Corps League as a deterrent to traffic accidents.
#6a CC March 28, 2006
44. Lisa Thuot request the installation of a “Blind Driveway” sign just prior to 334 Sunderland Rd.
#11 CC June 6, 2006
45. Mayor Timothy P. Murray & Councilor Michael C. Perotto request traffic study of Franklin and Plantation Sts.
#20a CC November 20, 2001
46. Councilor Konstantina B. Lukes on behalf of John Rano request a traffic study of the location of the currently installed traffic signalization at the McDonald’s restaurant adjacent to the intersection of Shrewsbury St./Belmont St.
#13 CC October 22, 2002
47. Angela Smithson et al request to restore traffic signal operation at corner of Douglas St./Cambridge St.
#16c CC July 1, 2003
48. William Marengo, Jr. et al request traffic study at the intersection of Main St. & Mill St.
#15 CC December 7, 2004