TRAFFIC AND PARKING COMMITTEE
AUGUST 18, 2004
Convened: 5:15 P.M.
Adjourned: 6:10 P.M.
Mayor Timothy Murray, Temporary Committee Member
Joseph Borbone, Director, Traffic Engineering
Mary Babbidge, Asst. City Clerk
Petitioner’s Name Location In City Council
1. Eliza Haffty 35 King Philip Rd. #16 CC 3/9/04
2. Paula Jacevicius on behalf 19 Barclay St. #18 CC 3/9/04
of Linda J. Jacevicius
3. Councillor Thomas P. White 4 Gunnarson Rd. #19 CC 3/9/04
on behalf of Dorothy O’Leary
4. Mayor Timothy P. Murray 100 Chatham St. #15 CC 4/27/04
on behalf of Sarah Kennedy
Hold for Sept. 14th meeting – Notice to read 99 Chatham St.
5. Councillor Joseph M. Petty 1357 Main St. #9 CC 5/18/04
on behalf of Norman Vincent
6. Calvin Power 17 Reeves St. #11 CC 5/25/04
7. Councillor Frederick C. Rushton Across from #20 CC 4/6/04
on behalf of George Valeri 51 Wall St.
8. Petition of Leon Mallette et al request diagonal parking in front of
27-29 Boardman Street.
#15 CC September 30, 2003
9. Petition of Joseph F. Borbone, Director of Traffic Engineering request to modify the parking restrictions on Goldsberry Street, near the Police Headquarters, to allow unlimited parking on both sides of street from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and No Parking Tow Zone from
11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
#18 CC April 27, 2004
10. Petition of Alexandra Xanthopoulos request removal of “No Parking” signs in front of 123 Plantation Street.
#11 CC February 24, 2004
11. Petition of Councillor Philip Palmieri request No Parking at 123 Lake Avenue seven feet from driveway in a northerly direction.
#15a CC May 11, 2004
12. Petition of Councillor Joseph Petty request No Parking on both sides of driveway at 123 Lake Avenue.
#39a CC June 22, 2004
SIGNS - MISCELLANEOUS
13. Petition of Mayor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Dora Henry request “Go Slow” signs and handicap/wheelchair signs at 11 Shirley Street.
#53 CC November 18, 2003
Recommend file – Petition filed for sidewalk repair odd numbered side of Shirley St. between Park Ave. and Florence St.
14. Petition of Mayor Timothy P. Murray and Councillor Thomas P. White on behalf of William Fleming request posted speed limit signs on Holden Street between Ararat Street and Shore Drive.
#11a CC May 18, 2004
Recommend approval - Thickly Settled with 30 MPH signs
15. Petition of Mary Hunter request Blind Child sign on McKinley Road and Ashton Street.
#8 CC February 3, 2004
15a. Petition of Edward Sullivan request “Not a Truck Route” sign for Brattle Street at fork of Holden and Brattle Streets. Also, a directional sign at the intersection of Ararat and Brattle Streets stating Holden on Left. Also, a directional sign at the intersection of Holden and Brattle Streets for directions to Holden and “No Trucks on Brattle St.”
#16 CC January 13, 2004
Recommend approval – Signs on Holden St. that Ararat St. is not a truck route & signs indicating that Holden St. is the best route to
the Town of Holden.
Chairman’s Order – Request Administration provide enforcement of truck restriction on Ararat St.
Chairman’s Order – Request Administration to install signage on Ararat St. directing drivers heading to the Town of Holden to take a left on Brattle St. then a right onto Holden St.
16. Petition of Mary Hunter request chirping light signal at the crosswalk on Lincoln Street near McKinley Road.
#7 CC February 3, 2004
Chairman’s Order – Request Administration provide a timetable for installation of chirping light signal at crosswalk on Lincoln St. near McKinley Rd. approved by the Traffic & Parking Committee, subject to funding.
17. Petition of Monica Polanco request installation of a new crosswalk on Lincoln Street at the intersection of Green Hill Parkway.
#26 CC December 16, 2003
18. Petition of Councillor Frederick C. Rushton request an appropriate caution sign and/or crosswalk from Union Station to all adjoining parking lots.
#12 CC February 24, 2004
19. Petition of Councillor Michael C. Perotto request crosswalk at the corner of Putnam Lane and Shrewsbury Street.
#12c CC May 4, 2004