TRAFFIC & PARKING
DECEMBER 17, 2001
Convened: 6:00 p.m.
Adjourned: 7:40 p.m.
Councillor Janice l. Nadeau
Also: Administrator of Traffic Engineering Joseph Borbone
Traffic Engineering staff James Pacenka
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
Petitioner Location Date
1. Teri S. Gibbs 7 Derby St. #52 CC 7/17/01
2. Robert Perry Next to bus stop on #66 CC 7/17/01
3. Daniel Rugg Front of 84 Haven Lane #55 CC 8/21/01
4. Catherine Rivera on behalf of Front of 20 Lake View St. #62 CC 8/21/01
5. Milton Nickerson 24 Hollywood St. #27 CC 9/4/01
6. Paul Cardone 67 Catharine St. #26 CC 9/4/01
7. Mrs. John O'Leary 27 Hemans St. #28 CC 9/4/01
8. Donna Pella Across from 201 Dana Ave. #30 CC 9/4/01
9. Elaine Olson 6 Montrose St. #25 CC 9/18/01
10. Gladys Going 37 Plantation St. #27 CC 9/18/01
Recommend File - 90 Day trial over
11. Patricia Hawkins et al Move from #21 North #31 CC 9/18/01
Woodford St. to #20
12. John Pagonis 83 Russell St. #23 CC 9/25/01
13. Patricia Matyuf 28 Esther St. #16 CC 10/2/01
14. Kevin Johnson 51 May St. #13 CC 10/2/01
15. Konstantinos Drosidis Move from 24 St. Elmo Rd. #14 CC 10/2/01
to 783 Pleasant St.
16. Barbara Lamonica Front of 137 Providence St. #15 CC 10/16/01
17. Councillor Murray on behalf of Pattison St. (Corner Vernon & #17 CC 10/16/01
Yvonne Ustinovich Pattison Sts.)
18. Henry Barry Jr. Front 79 Haven Lane #12 CC 10/23/01
19. Mary Thorpe Across from 22 Sturgis St. #13 CC 10/23/01
20. Kenneth W. Lippe Sr. Front of 37 Providence St. #14 CC 10/23/01
21. Jose Diaz 4 Lakeside Ave. #2 #17 CC 10/23/01
22. Wayne Kalio 11 Moen St. #14 CC 11/27/01
RESIDENT PERMIT PARKING
23. Pamela Dumas Herbin request residential parking be removed from 89 Endicott St.
#67 CC July 17, 2001
Chairman’s Order request the Police Chief enforce the Residential Parking zone between Endicott Street and Ward Street.
Petitioner Location Date
24. Susan Shahbazi Hooper St. #24 CC 9/4/01
25. Nataria English Portland St. for residents of #29 CC 9/4/01
50 Franklin St.
26. Councillor Paul Clancy Jr. on behalf West Upsala St. #33 CC 9/4/01
27. Councillor Stephen Abraham Front of 8 Tallawanda Dr. #34d CC 9/4/01
Chairman’s Order request the City Clerk review the purpose of the Residential Parking Program with Council members.
28. Brenda Hughes Cottage St. #26 CC 9/18/01
29. June Magnuson et al Odd Numbered Side of #28 CC 9/18/01
Sterling St. between
Alpine & Seymour Sts.
30. Charles Pardee et al Berkmans St. from June St. #19 CC 9/25/01
to corner of Brownell/Lovell
31. Mary Collins Lovell St. between Chandler & #18 CC 10/23/01
32. Councillor Stephen Abraham request removal of No Parking sign in front of 31 Claridge Dr. and replacing it with resident parking only.
#16 CC October 16, 2001
Petitioner Location Date
33. Patricia Hawkins et al Lift Winter Parking Ban on #32 CC 9/18/01
North Woodford St.
34. Councillor Timothy P. Murray & Councillor Michael C. Perotto on behalf of Margaret Lucci request to reverse winter parking ban on Green Hill Parkway west of Paine St.
#14a CC October 30, 2001
35. Christopher & Kate Robinson et al request to allow parking on both sides of Tallawanda Dr. throughout the calendar year, henceforth making the street exempt from the winter parking ban.
#16 CC November 20, 2001
36. Michael Murphy, Deputy Director for Administration, Worcester Housing Authority request removal of a portion of the No Parking Zone on the south side of Lakeside Ave. in the vicinity of the WHA Office at 30 Lakeside Ave. and in place, thereof request the installation of two handicap parking spaces and six 1-hour parking spaces.
#11 CC January 30, 2001
Recommend 3 different one hour spaces and handicapped spaces
37. Charles Flanagan, Pres., Worcester Manufacturing, Inc. et al request to restrict parking on the west side of Crescent St. for the 550' between the No Parking Zone south of Henchman St. and the No Parking Zone 550' north of Henchman St. Also to replace missing No Parking signs along the length of Crescent St.
#53 CC July 17, 2001
38. Councillor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Raquel Rivera request bus stop in front of 330 Chandler St. be relocated.
#61 CC July 17, 2001
Recommend Move bus stop to in front of light pole #10 in front of parking lot
39. Angelo Villani request to relocate the newly erected bus stop sign 300-400 ft west of the front of my building located at 257 Chandler St.
#64 CC July 17, 2001
Recommend Move to the northeast corner of Abbott Street in front of parking lot
40. Councillor Timothy P. Murray request No Parking signs be placed in front of 4 Richmond Ave.
#63 CC August 21, 2001
41. Councillor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Bartholomew Simone request No Parking sign in front of 8 East Park Terrace to corner so as to allow vehicles to make turn.
#34a CC September 4, 2001
42. Esther Leavitt et al request to provide "No Parking Anytime" on both sides of Pleasant St. for a distance of 100 ft. east and west of Flagg and South Flagg St.
#33 CC September 18, 2001
43. Councillor Murray on behalf of Andrew Early request 15 Minute parking in front of 536 Park Ave.
#15 CC November 13, 2001
44. Mary MacInnes, Administrator, Worcester Regional Transit Authority request that the current bus stop, located on the east side of West Boylston St. near the southerly side of the bridge over Neponset St. be moved to approximately 60' north of the Neponset St. entrance on West Boylston St.
#15 CC December 4, 2001
45. Mary MacInnes, Administrator, Worcester Regional Transit Authority request that a bus stop be placed on the easterly side of Neponset St.
#16 CC December 4, 2001
46. Councillor Michael C. Perotto on behalf of Rick Trifone request trailer truck restriction on Duxbury Rd.
#16a CC January 2, 2001
In Committee June 20, 2001 – Held
Chairman’s Ordinance No Parking Zone be installed
47. Councillor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of David Libbey request Traffic Engineer to make recommendations regarding intersection of Pleasant and May Streets.
#15 CC May 8, 2001
48. Ron D’Auteuil of Omni Services, Inc. request to install eight directional signs to their businesses located at 42 Harlow St.
#27 CC June 19, 2001
49. Giovanni Dellostritto request Children sign at the corner of Kensington Heights & Kenilworth Rd.
#54 CC July 17, 2001
50. Councillor Timothy P. Murray request Crosswalk Ahead signs be posted on Hamilton St. where appropriate.
#56 CC July 17, 2001
51. Councillor Timothy P. Murray request Yield to Crosswalk signs or posts be installed on Hamilton St. near Billings Square and Plantation & Division Sts.
#57 CC July 17, 2001
52. Marilyn DiPasquale request speed limit signs be posted on right side of Sunderland Rd. from Grafton St. toward Massasoit Rd.
#62 CC July 17, 2001
Recommend Approval with at least one sign installed before Baldwin Street
53. Marilyn DiPasquale request “Blind Driveway” sign be posted just before 209 Sunderland Rd.
#63 CC July 17, 2001
54. Councillor Paul P. Clancy Jr. request speed limit sign on northbound section of Vernon St. prior to View St.
#70 CC July 17, 2001
55. Councillor Konstantina B. Lukes request enforcement and monitoring of First St. for speeding and volume of traffic.
#70a CC July 17, 2001
56. Communication of the City Manager transmitting communication relative to traffic patrol on First St.
#20B CM August 21, 2001
57. Ron Hidalgo, Operations Mgr., T.J. Maxx Distribution Center request No Parking signs be placed along the front of the T.J. Maxx Distribution Center at 135 Goddard Memorial Dr.
#52 CC August 21, 2001
58. Councillor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Richard Kilfoyle request establishment of bus stops for inbound & outbound service on Hospital Rd., 20’ from the corner of Belmont St. for the Route 24 bus.
#57 CC August 21, 2001
59. Councillor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Jeff Duclos request “Not a Cut Thru” sign be posted at corner of Winnipeg St. & Ballard St.
#59 CC August 21, 2001
60. Melonie Alkhatib request Go Slow Children sign on Fielding St.
#60 CC August 21, 2001
61. Cynthia Mellor on behalf of The Martin Luther King, Jr. Business Empowerment Center request No Parking, Drop-Off Only sign on Dewey St., at main entrance of MLK Center.
#61 CC August 21, 2001
62. Councillor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Myrna & Harold Miller et al request "No Left Turn Between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM" at top of Mower St. and entrance to Baxter Rd. (except buses).
#25 CC September 4, 2001
63. Councillor Timothy Murray on behalf of Mary Ann Pokropowicz request Dead End sign be placed at the corner of Plantation St. and Plantation Terrace.
#18b CC October 23, 2001
64. Bernadette Pinnataro request handicap parking in front of 27 Suffield St.