PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
FEBRUARY 15, 2005
Convened: 5:40 p.m.
Adjourned: 6:20 p.m.
Present were:††††† Chairperson Councilor Paul P. Clancy, Jr.
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councilor Philip P. Palmieri
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councilor Frederick C. Rushton
Also: †††††††††††††††††† DPW Assít Commissioner/Operations Matthew Labovites
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† DPW Water Resources Coordinator Phil Guerin
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† DPW Assít Commissioner/Engineering Paul Moosey
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† DPW Director of Engineering Joseph Borbone
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† DPW Engineering Staffperson William Niemitz
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† DPW Senior Staff Assít Tim Reiner
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
1. ††††† To align the existing sections of Millbury Street into one continuous street by implementing the following points:
1. To change the name of Ballard Street to Millbury Street.
2. To rename the section of Millbury Street between Ashmont Avenue and Harding Street to Olde Millbury Street
3. To rename the section of Millbury Street between McKeon Road and Wray Square to new Millbury Street to Blackstone River Road.
4. To renumber Millbury Street properties where appropriate.
1. Herb Berg, Eight Lots Road, Sutton
2. Beth Proko, 2 Holden Street, Worcester
3. Steve Rossetti, Worcester Postmaster
4. Barbara White, 38 Upland Gardens Drive, Worcester
5. Sally Jablonski, 843 Millbury Street, Worcester
6. Mike Keating, 10 Elman Road, Worcester
2. ††††† Relative to timeline for renaming Millbury St. and Ballard St.
††††††††† #23C CM December 14, 2004
3. ††††††† Request adoption of an Order of Taking by which the city would acquire a watershed preservation restriction on 87 acres of land located within and adjacent to the Holden Reservoir #1 watershed.
††††††††† #23C CM February 8, 2005
4.†††††††† Relative to Economic Development Initiative Report February 2005.
††††††††† #8A CM February 8, 2005
5.†††††† Matthew Smith of Bohler Engineering, P. C. request to construct approximately 580í of sewer line in Shore Dr. to service proposed office development.† All work to be done at ownerís expense.†
††††††††† #7 CC February 8, 2005
Recommend Approval subject to Prior Agreement