CITY OF WORCESTER
Public Health and Human Services Committee Meeting
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Esther Howland (South) Chamber
Convened: 5:43 P.M.
Adjourned: 7:21 PM
Joseph M. Petty
Clerk of the City Council
Susan M. Ledoux
|Chairperson Sarai Rivera |
|Councilor Sean M Rose |
|Councilor Kathleen M Toomey |
City Hall - 455 Main Street Worcester, Massachusetts
|Present Were:||Chairperson Councilor Sarai Rivera
Councilor Sean M Rose
Councilor Kathleen M Toomey|
|Also:||Councilor Candy Mero-Carlson;
Councilor Gary Rosen;
Commissioner of Public Health and Human Services Matilda Castiel;
Assistant City Clerk Stephen A.J. Pottle, clerk|
Communication of the City Manager
Communication of the City Manager transmitting informational communication relative to the impact of the Plumley Village Health Services closure and steps being taken to accommodate patients served by that facility.
# 9.17B CM April 24, 2018
1. Lucillia Dejesus, Worcester resident
2. Robin Hooper, no residence given
3. Sandy Ellis, Worcester resident
4. Lou Soiles, Worcester resident
5. Patricia Price, Worcester resident
6. Ron Waddell, Worcester resident,
7. Margaret Sullivan, West Boylston resident
8. Joyce McNichols, Holden resident
9. Matthew Loginesque, Auburn resident
10. Dan Margolis, Worcester resident
11. Margo Barnett, Worcester resident
12. Usa Thrusta, Worcester resident
13. Cole Fargas, Worcester resident
14. Jon Chavis, Worcester resident
15. Claire Baylor, no residence given
Request City Manager to engage with representatives from UMass to confirm and receive data concerning how many patients have successfully transferred to new physicians, respecting all confidentiality laws.
Request City Manager work with UMass to provide an updated and current list of practices that are accepting new patients and speak Spanish, including information concerning who does and does not have a waiting list when accepting those new patients.
Request City Manager request City Solicitor confirm whether appropriate notification went to all patients regarding the closing of the Plumley Village Health Services or if a response from the Department of Public Health is warranted.
Request City Manager reach out to UMass to determine whether the doctors that the patients of Plumley Village Health Services were transferred to speak Spanish themselves or through an interpreter.
Request City Manager reach out to UMass to ask them to meet with city representatives to discuss the closing of the Plumley Village Health Services.