HEALTH COMMITTEE MEETING
OCTOBER 4, 2004
Convened: 7:09 p.m.
Adjourned: 8:09 p.m.
Present were: Chairperson Councillor Barbara G. Haller
Councillor Konstantina B. Lukes
Also: Commissioner of Public Health Dr. Leonard J. Morse
Director of Public Health James G. Gardiner
Commissioner of Code Enforcement Jill C. Dagilis
Assistant City Clerk, Lisa M. Thomas, clerk
1. Common Pathways overview and status update.
Eric Buch, President of United Way of Central MA
Peggy Middaugh, Director of Regional Environmental Council
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager distribute Common Pathways informational packets be distributed to the City Council and that the Common Pathways coalition be requested to provide updated status reports to the City Council.
2. Relative to the Tobacco Control Program.
#20B CM September 30, 2003
3. Relative to Tobacco Control Program Compliance Checks.
#20B CM March 9, 2004
4. Relative to Youth Access Compliance Checks.
#20C CM April 13, 2004
5. Relative to Tobacco Control Program FY’05.
#20E CM April 13, 2004
6. Relative to Tobacco Control Program/Monthly Report.
#20B CM May 18, 2004
7. Relative to Smoking in the Workplace Law.
#20A CM June 29, 2004
8. Relative to Massachusetts smoke-free workplace law.
#16A CM July 6, 2004
9. Relative to Massachusetts smoke-free workplace law.
#20B CM September 21, 2004
Chairman’s Order request that the City Solicitor provide the License Commission with a report regarding smoke–free workplaces and policies regarding private clubs that still allow smoking.
Chairman’s Order request the Administration provide the City Council with a report regarding smoke-free laws and how it affects the workplace.
10. Relative to establishing a partnership with the Worcester Roots Project.
#20B CM March 30, 2004
11. Relative to Lead Paint Rates in Worcester.
#20C CM May 18, 2004
Heart Safe Community
12. Relative to City’s Heart Safe Community Application.
#20D CM May 18, 2004
Chairman’s Order request the Administration provide the City Council with a report outlining the City’s obligation regarding administering CPR and training for use of automated external defibrillators.
13. Relative to Program incorporating the findings of the HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C Task Force.
#21B CM March 18, 2003
In Committee October 15, 2003 – Held
14. Relative to City qualifies for HUD HOPWA Grant (July 2004).
#17A CM November 18, 2003
In Committee January 13, 2004 - Held
15. Relative to Media Campaign regarding the City Manager’s HIV/AIDS Task Force.
#20A CM May 18, 2004