MILITARY AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
MONDAY, APRIL 26, 2004
Convened: 5:33 PM
Adjourned: 6:06 PM
Present Were:†††† Chairperson Juan A. Gomez
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Konstantina B. Lukes
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Dennis L. Irish, Arrived at 5:50 PM
Also:†††††††††††††††††††† Karen Greenwood, Veterans Agent
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Robert Antonelli, Acting Commissioner of Parks
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Lisa M. Thomas, Assistant City Clerk
1. ††††† Relative to number of city Employees that are on Active Duty Status.
#14A CM December 17, 2002
2. Relative to Listing of Veteran's Clinics and Hospitals located throughout New England.
#28A CM January 7, 2003
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Herbert Adams
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Ralph Simkonis
Chairmanís Order request Administration explore the possibility of grants from the Health Foundation and Fallon Clinic for facilitating transportation of Veterans to the clinics and workout logistics.
3. Relative to reception to welcome back employees who have been on active duty in the military.
#28B CM January 7, 2003
4. Relative to Health Services provided to Veterans in the Ten Largest Cities in New England.
#28A CM February 11, 2003
5. Relative to appointing a full-time director of Veterans Services.
#27A CM September 30, 2003
6. Request adoption of an ordinance amendment governing the location and relocation of Veterans Memorials on the public streets, sidewalks, and traffic islands of the city.
#15A CM October 28, 2003
7. Relative to Ordinance governing Veterans Memorials Ė Highway Projects.
#15A CM November 18, 2003
8. Relative to Veterans Square Memorial Relocation.
#18D CM January 13, 2004
Speaker:†††† Richard Bayrouty, 41 Hickory Dr.
Chairmanís Order request Administration define relocation criteria of memorials and particularly the Veterans Square Memorial.
9.†††††† Robert Stake request to relocate Stake Sq. Veterans Memorial from corner of Ames and Stockton Streets across the street diagonally to grassy plot next to park.† Petitioner to pay relocation costs.
††††††††† #11 CC November 18, 2003
††††††††† Recommend Approval