LAND USE COMMITTEE MEETING
OCTOBER 24, 2002
Convened: 7:00 p.m.
Adjourned: 8:55 p.m.
RE: Cluster/Inclusionary Zoning, Density Bonuses,
Continuing Care Retirement Communities
Councillor Joseph M. Petty
Councillor Barbara G. Hsller
Also: Assistant City Manager Paul LaCava
Chief Development Officer Philip J. Niddrie
Housing Director Scott Hayman
Deputy City Solicitor Michael Traynor
Code Director David Holden
Staffpeople Judy Stohlberg, Kathleen Donovan, Paul Moosey
Chairperson Worcester Planning Board, Joe Boynton
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
1. Communication of the City Manager transmitting communication relative to Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance.
#7D CM June 11, 2002
In Committee October 10, 2002 – Held
Chairman’s Order request the Administration provide the City Council with an explanation of the discrepancies between the map included in the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance Review and the Official Map of the City of Worcester, especially concerning streets off Lake Avenue North.
Chairman’s Order request the Standing Committee on Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization review the concept of establishing a master waiting list for housing as opposed to the current situation wherein tenants place their names on the lists at many different agencies for housing.
Chairman’s Order request the Administration review and recommend concerning Section 2, #5 and Section 3, #6 of the proposed zoning text.
Chairman’s Order request the Administration when wording the cluster housing references in the proposed zoning text, that all or some of the bonus be affordable housing.
Chairman’s Order request the Administration review and recommend to the City Council a certain number of reasonable services for inclusion in Continuing Care Retirement Community permitting in the proposed zoning text.
Chairman’s Order request the Administration not recommend a change to the time limit allowed for acting on site plan approval from one year to two years as shown in Section 4, #6 of the proposed zoning text and further request an explanation of the recommended time change.
Chairman’s Order request the Administration review the 15% slope review and approval process being relegated to the Conservation Commission and whether the authorization is appropriate.
1. Aldo Riggieri, 15 Winneconnet Road, Worcester
2. Michael Stewart, CMHA, 21 Bedin Street, Brighton
3. Joan anonymous, Main South resident, Worcester
4. Paul Sweeney, 15 Winthrop Street, Worcester
5. Ann Seltz, WCHR, 5 Warwick Street, Auburn
6. Atty. Mark Donahue, residence not given
2. Relative to Law Concerning Unrelated Persons Occupying Premises.
#16D CM June 25, 2002
3. Relative to “Item for Sale” Lawn Signs in a Residential Area/Yard Sales in a Residential Area.
#15A CM July 16, 2002
4. Relative to Seasonal Sidewalk Sales and Yard Sales.
#15B CM September 3, 2002
5. Relative to Discussion Points from the Chairman of the Planning Board Regarding the Zoning Ordinance.
#8CM October 15, 2002
6. The Committee on Housing and Revitalization Upon the Communication of the City Manager relative to Article VII – Inclusionary Zoning and Density Bonuses to Promote Affordable Housing.
#58 CC February 5, 2002
7. The Planning Board Upon the Order of Councillor Stephen T. Patton requesting the Zoning Ordinance be amended so that Table 4.1, line 12 is changed so that semi-detached dwellings known as duplexes are no longer “allowed by Special Permit” in RS-10 and RS-7 zones and are instead designated as “not allowed”.
#106 CC June 25, 2002