MARCH 22, 2006
Convened: 6:07 p.m.
Adjourned: 8:35 p.m.
Present were: Chairperson Councilor Barbara G. Haller
†††††††††††††††††† ††††††††† Councilor Gary Rosen
†††††††††††††††††† ††††††††† Councilor Michael C. Perotto @ 6:18 p.m.
†††††††††††††††††† ††††††††† Councilor Konstantina B. Lukes
Also:†††††††††† ††††††††† Commissioner HHS Jill Dagilis
†††††††††††††††††† ††††††††† Director of Public Health James Gardiner
†††††††††††††††††† ††††††††† Grants Director Donna McGrath
†††††††††††††††††† ††††††††† Code Director David Holden
†††††††††††††††††† ††††††††† Director Neighborhood Services Dennis Hennessy
†††††††††††††††††† ††††††††† Housing Director Scott Hayman
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
1. Communication of the City Manager relative to a plan submitted by the Southern Middlesex Opportunity Council (SMOC) to the City detailing their intentions to meet the needs of the regionís homelessness population.
#22A CM February 28, 2006
Request the City Manager research the CSPEC program and inform City Council of the goals that can be expected from the implementation of this program in the City of Worcester.
Request the City Manager report to the City Council the maximum occupancy, according to local and state building code regulations, at each of the five lodging house locations across the City proposed by SMOC to accept PIP guests.
Request the City Manager report to the City Council the legal definition, as determined by the Cityís Law Department, as it relates to the educational support services being offered at the five SMOC locations across the City.
Request the City Manager work with SMOC to establish a neighborhood oversight committee concerning the 2 June Street property proposed to be occupied by SMOC clients.
Request the City Manager request SMOC provide the City Council with a report that details the independent outside oversight that reviews and determines compliance with stated licensed goals at each of the programs across the City.
Request the City Clerk distribute to the City Council the documentation provided to the Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization Committee on March 22, 2006 by SMOC. (see attachments via the Chairmanís Order section of the March 28, 2006 City Council calendar)
Request the City Manager report to City Council on the criteria to be used to appoint members to the re-activated Commission on Homelessness.
1. William Breault, 4 Hathaway Street, Worcester
2. Kevin McCormack, 2 Copley Road, Worcester
3. Peter Stefan, 838 Main Street, Worcester
4. Roberta Schaefer, 8 Cricket Lane, Worcester
5. Christopher Comeaux, 290 Highland Street, Worcester
6. Kathleen Dunlee, 83 Coolidge Road, Worcester
7. Bill Coleman, 4 Brownell Circle, Worcester