COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
THURSDAY, MAY 25, 2006
Convened: 5:21 PM
Adjourned: 7:35 PM
Councilor Philip P. Palmieri
Councilor Frederick C. Rushton @ 7:25 pm
Councilor Barbara G. Haller
Also: Director of EONS Dennis Hennessy
Director of Housing Scott Hayman
EONS Staffperson Anthony Miloski
EONS Steve Hill
Assistant City Clerk Lisa M. Thomas, clerk
Bill Donovan, Project Light
Ron Charette, South Worcester Neighborhood Center
Barbara White, Quinsigamond Village Community Center
Lee Bartlett, Quinsigamond Village Community Center
Toni Poti, YouthNet
Reverend Roosevelt Hughes, Worcester’s Black Clergymen Alliance
Pastor Wilder, Worcester’s Black Clergymen Alliance
Marge Purves, Pleasant St. Network Center
Wally Tilleman, Pleasant St. Network Center
Gordon Hargrove, Friendly House
Orlando Rodriguez, Centro Las Americas
Billy Ayala, Centro Las Americas
Kwasi Sarpma, African Community Development Corporation
Hawa Ba, African Community Development Corporation
David McMahon, Dismas House
Carla Szymanski, Rachael’s Table
Noemi Grajales, Aurora Project
Joan, client, Aurora Project
Dennis Leary, Mass Veterans Shelter
COMMUNICATIONS OF THE CITY MANAGER
1. Request that Four Million Seven Hundred Fifty Seven Thousand One Hundred Fifty Three Dollars ($4,757,153.00) be accepted from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for the Year XXXII Community Development Block Grant Program and appropriated, when received, to the accounts as enclosed, to provide financing for projects and programs as described.
#33C CM May 2, 2006
2. Request that One Million Eight Hundred Sixty Five Thousand Six Hundred Seventy Two Dollars ($1,865,672.00) and Thirty Thousand One Hundred Ninety Nine Dollars ($30,199.00) be accepted from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for the FY07 HOME Program and American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) Program, respectively, and appropriated when received to Account #18S345, HOME Program.
#33D CM May 2, 2006
3. Request that Two Hundred Three Thousand Four Hundred Twenty One Dollars ($203,421.00) be accepted from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for the FY’07 Emergency Shelter Grant Program and be appropriated, when received, to the following accounts in the amounts shown to provide financing for projects and programs as enclosed.
#33F CM May 2, 2006
4. Request that Three Hundred Fifty Four Thousand ($354,000.00) be accepted from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban development for the FY’07 Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS Program and be appropriated when received to the accounts as enclosed, to provide financing for projects and programs.
#33E CM May 2, 2006
5. Request City Council’s consideration, deliberation and approval for program funding under the Year 32 (FY07) Community Development Block Grant, HOME, American Dream Downpayment Assistance, Emergency Shelter Grant, and Housing for People with AIDS Program.
#9B CM May 2, 2006
6. Relative to an update on the City’s Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Area (NRSA) program.
#9A CM May 2, 2006
7. Relative to a detailed overview of the City’s Community Development Block Grant Entitlement program funded annually through the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development
# 9A CM March 7, 2006
In City Council March 27, 2006 - Held
8. Recommend that Sixty Thousand Dollars ($60,000.00) in unexpended Block Grant balances be transferred from account number 14S40226, WHIP and appropriated to account number 14S45026, Building Renovation to fund the rehabilitation of a portion of the Chestnut Street Congregational Church for use by the New England Dream Center.
#28G CM September 7, 2004