Institute Park is an historic park which dates to the late 1800’s and has long been connected to the Worcester Polytechnic Institute campus. Close to downtown, this park was originally ordinary farm field and pasture. It was donated by the Honorable Stephen Salisbury III in 1887 as a park to supply a green space for the students and citizens of Worcester.
Institute Park is located on 24.62 acres of land at 82 Salisbury St., stretching along Salisbury St. from Park Ave. to Humboldt Ave. Amenities include a football field, soccer field, and three lighted tennis courts, as well as two monuments, a bandstand, and paths & trails to enjoy.
82 Salisbury Street
Open from dawn until dusk.
Parking Lot: No