25 Meade Street, Worcester, MA 01610
Phone: (508) 799-8531, Fax: (508) 799-8572
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Additional Contact Info
The Division of Public Health works to protect and improve community well-being by preventing disease and injury while promoting social, economic and environmental factors fundamental to health. It is the foundation of the local public health system that comprises public- and private-sector health care providers, academia, community based organizations, business, the media and other local and state governmental entities. Specifically, this Division endeavors to:
- Track and investigate health problems and hazards in the community.
- Prepare for and respond to public health emergencies.
- Develop, apply and enforce policies, laws and regulations that improve health and ensure safety.
- Lead efforts to mobilize communities around important health issues.
- Link people to health services.
Additionally, the Division of Public Health is the lead agency of the
Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance (CMRPHA). The regional health district provides a comprehensive array of services to partner municipalities through a single organization managed by the Division of Public Health. The inspiration to develop a regional alliance arose from the considerable disparity in size, available resources, and kinds and types of resources offered by each municipality.
Reminder: to report vendors/restaurants regarding unhealthy conditions or a suspected foodborne illness or to report housing, sewage and unsanitary conditions, call Inspectional Services at (508) 799-1198.
The latest news via the City of Worcester DPH Facebook Page.
- Did you know that the Division as well as some other city departments are hiring? For more information please visit the webpage below:
http://www.worcesterma.gov/e-services/employment-opportunities - View Link - Tue 07/19/2016 03:12 PM
- 2016 CHIP Release - View Video - Thu 06/23/2016 05:33 PM