25 Meade Street, Worcester, MA 01610
Phone: (508) 799-8531, Fax: (508) 799-8572
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Additional Contact Info
The Division of Public Health works to protect and improve community well-being by preventing disease and injury while promoting social, economic and environmental factors fundamental to health. It is the foundation of the local public health system that comprises public- and private-sector health care providers, academia, community based organizations, business, the media and other local and state governmental entities. Specifically, this Division endeavors to:
- Track and investigate health problems and hazards in the community.
- Prepare for and respond to public health emergencies.
- Develop, apply and enforce policies, laws and regulations that improve health and ensure safety.
- Lead efforts to mobilize communities around important health issues.
- Link people to health services.
Additionally, the Division of Public Health is the lead agency of the
Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance (CMRPHA). The regional health district provides a comprehensive array of services to partner municipalities through a single organization managed by the Division of Public Health. The inspiration to develop a regional alliance arose from the considerable disparity in size, available resources, and kinds and types of resources offered by each municipality.
Reminder: to report vendors/restaurants regarding unhealthy conditions or a suspected foodborne illness or to report housing, sewage and unsanitary conditions, call Inspectional Services at (508) 799-1198.
The latest news via the City of Worcester DPH Facebook Page.
- It's National Prevention Week! #NPW15 See how you can get involved! - View Photo - Mon 05/18/2015 12:54 PM
- Don't forget to come out for our commuter's breakfast tomorrow! - View Photo - Thu 05/14/2015 02:39 PM
- Come join us for the Commuter's Breakfast as part of Bay State Bike Week #BSBW ! - View Photo - Thu 05/07/2015 01:29 PM
- Let your voice be heard! Tell us about health in your community! Enter to win up up to $100 gift cards! - View Link - Wed 05/06/2015 09:41 AM
- Its getting to be that time of year again! Make sure you and your family are safe and prepared to have a great summer! #splashintosummer #safetyfirst http://www.worcesterma.gov/uploads/e0/6a/e06aada6af1839374245e82b94885a7c/splash-into-summer.pdf - View Link - Thu 04/30/2015 09:50 AM