25 Meade Street, Worcester, MA 01610
Phone: (508) 799-8531, Fax: (508) 799-8572
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Additional Contact Info
The Division of Public Health works to protect and improve community well-being by preventing disease and injury while promoting social, economic and environmental factors fundamental to health. It is the foundation of the local public health system that comprises public- and private-sector health care providers, academia, community based organizations, business, the media and other local and state governmental entities. Specifically, this Division endeavors to:
- Track and investigate health problems and hazards in the community.
- Prepare for and respond to public health emergencies.
- Develop, apply and enforce policies, laws and regulations that improve health and ensure safety.
- Lead efforts to mobilize communities around important health issues.
- Link people to health services.
Additionally, the Division of Public Health is the lead agency of the
Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance (CMRPHA). The regional health district provides a comprehensive array of services to partner municipalities through a single organization managed by the Division of Public Health. The inspiration to develop a regional alliance arose from the considerable disparity in size, available resources, and kinds and types of resources offered by each municipality.
Reminder: to report vendors/restaurants regarding unhealthy conditions or a suspected foodborne illness or to report housing, sewage and unsanitary conditions, call Inspectional Services at (508) 799-1198.
The latest news via the City of Worcester DPH Facebook Page.
- Our amazing Commissioner of Health and Human Services, Dr. Matilde Castiel, and Manager of Strategic Partnerships, Cassandra Andersen, presenting at the National Rx Drug Abuse and Heroin Summit in Atlanta this week! - View Photo - Wed 04/19/2017 10:56 AM
- A big thank you to our Emergency Preparedness staff who worked with Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) and Massachusetts Department of Public Health at the Boston Marathon this year! - View Photo - Wed 04/19/2017 10:13 AM