25 Meade Street, Worcester, MA 01610
Phone: (508) 799-8531, Fax: (508) 799-8572
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Additional Contact Info
The Division of Public Health works to protect and improve community well-being by preventing disease and injury while promoting social, economic and environmental factors fundamental to health. It is the foundation of the local public health system that comprises public- and private-sector health care providers, academia, community based organizations, business, the media and other local and state governmental entities. Specifically, this Division endeavors to:
- Track and investigate health problems and hazards in the community.
- Prepare for and respond to public health emergencies.
- Develop, apply and enforce policies, laws and regulations that improve health and ensure safety.
- Lead efforts to mobilize communities around important health issues.
- Link people to health services.
Additionally, the Division of Public Health is the lead agency of the
Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance (CMRPHA). The regional health district provides a comprehensive array of services to partner municipalities through a single organization managed by the Division of Public Health. The inspiration to develop a regional alliance arose from the considerable disparity in size, available resources, and kinds and types of resources offered by each municipality.
Reminder: to report vendors/restaurants regarding unhealthy conditions or a suspected foodborne illness or to report housing, sewage and unsanitary conditions, call Inspectional Services at (508) 799-1198.
The latest news via the City of Worcester DPH Facebook Page.
- 2016 CHIP Release - View Video - Thu 06/23/2016 05:33 PM
- The City of Worcester will hold a Gun Buyback event in collaboration with UMass Memorial Medical Center, Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early, Jr. and Belmont AME Zion Church.
WHAT: Gun Buyback and Gun Lock Giveaway
WHEN: Saturday, June 25th from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
WHERE: Belmont AME Zion Church, 55 Illinois St., Worcester
http://www.worcesterma.gov/announcements/city-umass-district-attorney-belmont-ame-zion-to-host-gun-buyback - View Link - Wed 06/22/2016 02:34 PM
- The Worcester Division of Public Health and the Coalition for a Healthy Greater Worcester invite you to the release of the 2016 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)!
After eight months of planning since the completion of the 2015 Community Health Assessment (CHA), the Community Health Improvement Plan for the municipalities of the Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance is complete. Please join us as we come together to celebrate and mobilize to improve health over the next 5 years in the Greater Worcester region, and learn how we all, as individuals and organizations, can CHIP IN to become the healthiest city and Region in New England by 2020!
Light refreshments will be served. We look forward to seeing you there. - View Photo - Wed 06/22/2016 11:42 AM