25 Meade Street, Worcester, MA 01610
Phone: (508) 799-8531, Fax: (508) 799-8572
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Additional Contact Info
The Division of Public Health works to protect and improve community well-being by preventing disease and injury while promoting social, economic and environmental factors fundamental to health. It is the foundation of the local public health system that comprises public- and private-sector health care providers, academia, community based organizations, business, the media and other local and state governmental entities. Specifically, this Division endeavors to:
- Track and investigate health problems and hazards in the community.
- Prepare for and respond to public health emergencies.
- Develop, apply and enforce policies, laws and regulations that improve health and ensure safety.
- Lead efforts to mobilize communities around important health issues.
- Link people to health services.
Additionally, the Division of Public Health is the lead agency of the
Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance (CMRPHA). The regional health district provides a comprehensive array of services to partner municipalities through a single organization managed by the Division of Public Health. The inspiration to develop a regional alliance arose from the considerable disparity in size, available resources, and kinds and types of resources offered by each municipality.
Reminder: to report vendors/restaurants regarding unhealthy conditions or a suspected foodborne illness or to report housing, sewage and unsanitary conditions, call Inspectional Services at (508) 799-1198.
The latest news via the City of Worcester DPH Facebook Page.
- "Worcester State University welcomes all members of the community to use the Wellness Center walking track during posted community hours from 6:30 am until 10am, Monday through Friday. Worcester State is pleased to be able to share this part of the facility. Please check in at the front desk upon arrival where you will need to sign in. A one-time, annual liability waiver will be required prior to first use." Worcester State University WalkBike Worcester #healthy2020! - Fri 09/30/2016 02:29 PM
- Join us for #NationalWalktoSchoolDay on Wednesday October 5th! Safe Routes to School National Partnership WalkBike Worcester Main South Community Development Corporation - View Photo - Fri 09/30/2016 02:24 PM
- Great story about our Medical Director and his wonderful Gun Buy Back program!
http://www.telegram.com/news/20160920/mass-doctors-sheriff-tout-gun-buyback-programs - View Link - Fri 09/30/2016 10:24 AM
- Don't forget to join us this weekend on City Hall Commons for the 8th Annual Worcester Cares About Recovery Event! - View Photo - Fri 09/23/2016 11:01 AM
- What can you do to reduce CO2? #MACleanAir September 17th though September 25th, 2016 MassRIDES MassCommute
http://www.macleanairchallenge.com/ - View Link - Wed 09/21/2016 10:50 AM
- Please join us for this free event! - View Photo - Thu 09/15/2016 10:16 AM