The latest news via the City of Worcester Facebook Page.
- City Manager Augustus announced Wednesday that Deputy Fire Chief Michael J. Lavoie will be the city's next fire chief.
Lavoie, 57, is a 30-year veteran of the Worcester Fire Department who has served with distinction in a number of leadership roles. He is currently the Deputy Chief of Administration, in charge of the Fire Prevention, Training and Maintenance divisions.
"Throughout his career, Chief Lavoie has demonstrated true leadership and commitment to the department and the people of Worcester, and I am thrilled to appoint him as our next chief," said City Manager Augustus. "I look forward to working with the new chief to continue our efforts to modernize the department's fleet of trucks, renovate stations, invest in safety, and diversify the workforce. Chief Lavoie will carry on the rich tradition of the Worcester Fire Department for many years to come."
Congratulations to Chief Lavoie! - View Photo - Wed 01/18/2017 05:05 PM
- Calling all interested parties! We're looking for a developer interested in a unique opportunity. - View Link - Wed 01/18/2017 04:59 PM
- The declared winter parking ban is lifted as of 3 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 18.
Please continue to use good judgment in parking your vehicles, especially on narrow streets. Emergency vehicles may need to use these streets to respond to a situation. Remember, if you live on a street with a PERMANENT Winter Parking Ban, parking restrictions are in effect every night between 2 and 6 a.m. Find out if your street is covered by searching on our website at the link below. - View Link - Wed 01/18/2017 12:15 PM
- Roughly 300 pieces of equipment continue to clear up our streets this morning after the overnight storm. Worcester Public Schools have a two hour delay. Please use caution on the roads this morning and give yourself plenty of time today get where you need to go. - View Link - Wed 01/18/2017 06:50 AM
- Due to the forecast of inclement weather, Recreation Worcester will be closed today at all sites and will resume programming tomorrow, January 18. - View Link - Tue 01/17/2017 01:46 PM
- The declared winter parking ban goes into effect at 5 p.m. today, Tuesday, Jan. 17. Click below to find out what that means, and where you can park in your neighborhood when you get home from work today. - View Link - Tue 01/17/2017 09:13 AM
- Worcester is proud to be home to one of the largest Vietnamese communities in New England. Join in and welcome the Year of the Rooster from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. this Sunday, Jan. 15, at the DCU Center. This celebration will be the largest of its kind in Central Massachusetts, and all are welcome. - View Photo - Fri 01/13/2017 04:23 PM
- At the start of the school year, the Spanish in a Global History class at Bancroft School partnered with the Latino History Project of Worcester to help to "collect, share, and celebrate the Latino experience in Worcester." They recently interviewed Eric Batista, Chief of Operations and Project Management in the City Manager's Office, about his experience working for the people of Worcester. - View Photo - Fri 01/13/2017 11:22 AM
- You can help restore part of Worcester's history! After helping unearth the stories of the men named on the city's Civil War monument on the Common, Worcester State University professor Linda Hixon is now doing the same for the 355 World War I- era names on the Worcester Memorial Auditorium. - View Link - Fri 01/13/2017 09:32 AM
- Join us at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 24 at the Worcester Public Library for a FREE workshop to learn how to activate your business to make it more searchable on Google. - View Photo - Thu 01/12/2017 01:27 PM