The latest news via the City of Worcester Facebook Page.
- University Park Campus School students who take AP science classes have had to go to other schools, because their equipment wasn't up to AP standards. Not anymore! UPCS now has a brand new AP-level science lab, thanks to money from the city's Community Development Block Grant funds. The new lab was built from the ground up -- including a new fume hood for experiments, new sinks and burners, furniture, audio/visual equipment and more. - View Photo - Mon 05/02/2016 01:02 PM
- Mayor Petty, City Manager Augustus, and representatives from the WPD and other city departments attended a town hall meeting this weekend with members of Worcester's African community. Thank you to all who came! - View Photo - Sun 05/01/2016 08:29 PM
- Celebrating Arbor Day at Crow Hill today by planting 15 trees with Worcester Tree Initiative, National Grid, Sierra Club, and the EcoTarium! - View Photo - Fri 04/29/2016 11:11 AM
- Today, the City and the Friends of Hope Cemetery celebrated the completion of a long awaited water infrastructure project at the cemetery. This project installed 36 water spigots across the property, allowing visitors to maintain the graves of their loved ones across the historic, 160-acre cemetery. - View Photo - Thu 04/28/2016 02:21 PM
- TONIGHT! Join us at Worcester Technical High School to learn how to get a great job with the City of Worcester Department of Public Works and Parks. - View Photo - Wed 04/27/2016 09:22 AM
- Looking for a great summer job? The City of Worcester is seeking qualified candidates to oversee Recreation Worcester programming at select Worcester parks this summer. These positions will be responsible for day-to-day management of sites and implementation of summer curriculum. This position will be full time and will run from June 27th-August 19th. We're looking for talented candidates for: Assistant Director, Head Recreation Leader, Assistant Recreation Leader.
APPLY TODAY: http://www.worcesterma.gov/e-services/employment-opportunities - View Photo - Tue 04/26/2016 12:43 PM
- Thank you to all who have been conserving water during these dry months. While the water supply alert has been called off, the need to make the most of our resources never goes away. Learn more about how you can save water at home: http://www.worcesterma.gov/dpw/water-sewer-operations/conservation-tips - View Link - Tue 04/26/2016 09:09 AM
- Everything you wanted to know about spring street sweeping. - View Video - Mon 04/25/2016 02:15 PM
- In the month of March, city departments working together as part of Keep Worcester Clean cleaned a total of 142 sites and removed approximately 33 tons of rubbish from city streets and properties. In addition, the Department of Inspectional Services issued 11 citations for Keep Worcester Clean-related violations.
If you notice any areas throughout the City where litter or graffiti exists please call our Customer Service Center at (508) 929-1300 or use the Litter Complaint Form on the city's website: http://www.worcesterma.gov/dpw/trash-recycling/keep-worcester-clean-program - View Photo - Mon 04/25/2016 11:16 AM
- Team Holy Cross gearing up for a clean up of Goddard Memorial Drive/ Apricot St. area! #HolyCross Cares! - View Photo - Sat 04/23/2016 10:14 AM