The latest news via the Telegram.com.
Snowbanks pose safety hazard
- WORCESTER and#8212; After winter storms dumped roughly 70 inches of snow in the city, the result was several large snow mounds and snow buildup along streets. Drivers were forced to inch a little farther out than normal and walkers sometimes chose strolling along streets instead of sidewalks.
In Worcester, Patrick delivers school funds
- WORCESTER - Hours after the Bureau of Labor Statistics released its annual jobs report, revealing the most substantial increase in the state's employment since 2000, Gov. Deval L. Patrick Thursday announced $1 million in state funding for life sciences initiatives at two local community colleges.
Suspect identified in Southbridge bank robbery
- SOUTHBRIDGE and#8212; Police Thursday identified Richard Lunt, 33, as the suspect in an unarmed robbery Monday morning of Savers Bank on Main Street.
Dorchester man held without bail on Worcester assault, arson charges
- WORCESTER - A Dorchester man was ordered held without bail Thursday on charges of assaulting his pregnant girlfriend and later setting a fire in her Fairfax Road apartment.
Worcester may keep some off-street parking requirements
- WORCESTER - City planners are taking a second look at abandoning off-street parking requirements for new development.
- WORCESTER and#8212; Matt Betty, left, of Webster and Steve Bussiere of Worcester set up safety fencing around a church at 949 Main St. that is being torn down. The church is owned by Clark University.
The latest news via the City of Worcester Facebook Page.
- Check out the Senior Scoop for MARCH to see what is going on at the Worcester Senior Center. http://www.worcesterma.gov/uploads/7d/6e/7d6e5d676ee77b28f792b1cbe8725fda/scoop.pdf - View Photo - Fri 03/07/2014 12:32 PM
- See what the City of Worcester has open for Employment Opportunities visit http://www.worcesterma.gov/e-services/employment-opportunities - View Link - Thu 03/06/2014 07:31 PM
- Worcester: A Great Place to Live & Work! Visit our website for more information: http://www.worcesterma.gov/living-working - View Photo - Thu 03/06/2014 12:31 PM
- The 14th Annual Young Woman of Consequence and the 17th Annual Women of Consequence Awards Ceremony March 20, 2014. - View Photo - Thu 03/06/2014 08:01 AM
- The Worcester Fire Department Entrance Exam deadline is March 17. For more information visit http://www.worcesterma.gov/announcements/worcester-fire-department-entrance-exam - View Photo - Wed 03/05/2014 07:45 PM
- SAVE THE DATE MARCH 20th This celebration of the Women and Young Women of Consequence provides an opportunity for theCity Manager's Advisory Committee on the Status of Women, ACSW, to educate the public about the contributions that women and young women make to improve communities and to inspire others. Their leadership can be shown in community activism, volunteering or holding public office, but it can also be shown when women, young and old, lead by example. Community engagement, dedication, and compassion resulting in positive change is what a real leader is all about. - View Photo - Wed 03/05/2014 07:00 PM