The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
The City of Worcester values the safety of our employees, our residents and our visitors. In accordance with the City of Worcester's Vaccination Verification Policy, if you are selected for any job with the City of Worcester you must be either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit proof of weekly COVID-19 testing.
CHIEF ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
DIVISION OF YOUTH OPPORTUNITIES
CITY OF WORCESTER
The Division of Youth Opportunities seeks applicants for the seasonal position of Chief Academic Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Recreation Worcester Academic Program. This position is responsible for assisting with scheduling and participating in interviews for seasonal positions, assisting with collecting and reviewing weekly timesheets for payroll, and partnership and relationship management with local community organizations for external programs. This position will also prepare data and evaluation tools, report and analyze data, conduct program specific surveys, prepare reports and perform other general administrative duties as assigned.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Demonstrated proficiency with computers;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations;
• Ability to build relationships and networking skills with students, colleagues, and community members;
• Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to multitask.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Two (2) years of previous administrative work experience in an office setting
• Two (2) years of prior supervisory experience
• One (1) year of experience facilitating youth programming
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with reports and analyzing/evaluating data
• Previous experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to pass CORI & SORI check
• Must have an updated physical in the past 12 months
• Experience working with children and families from diverse cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities
• Experience facilitating and/or managing activities and youth centered programming
• Experience in after school and out-of-school programs
SALARY: $20.00 hourly, part-time, seasonal, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Open until filled. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.