The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
ASSISTANT AQUATIC DIRECTOR, WATER SAFETY (SEASONAL)
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS & PARKS
CITY OF WORCESTER
HIRING AND START DATE CONTINGENT UPON COVID-19 EMERGENCY
The City of Worcester Department of Public Works & Parks; Parks, Recreation and Cemetery Division is seeking to fill the Water Safety Director position. Under the direct supervision of the Aquatic Director, this position is responsible for public safety and recreational work in supervising all water safety activities, including staff training, Learn to Swim Program, and Facility Swim Teams. This position involves responsibility for planning, coordinating, and supervising the work of lifeguards engaged in keeping watch at municipal beaches and pools to safeguard bathers and enforce safety rules and regulations.
The successful candidate will have the ability to assign, schedule, and inspect the work of others; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates and the general public; and the ability to perform daily routine maintenance of preservation recreation equipment. The qualified candidate will have experience with recreational and/or competitive swimming; will also have the ability to instruct in swimming techniques, rescue methods, resuscitation, and first aid; the physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first-aid; ability to assist youth in emergencies; the ability to work outside and operate with daily exposure to the sun and heat and varying weather conditions; and the ability to pass CORI/SORI.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Three (3) years of experience as a Lifeguard
• One (1) year of experience as a Head Guard of a facility
• Certification in American Red Cross, YMCA Lifeguard Training or equivalent
• Certification in American Red Cross First Aid or equivalent
• Certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent
• Valid MA Driver’s License
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Certification as an American Red Cross-WSI or equivalent
• Certificate in American Red Cross Lifeguard Management or equivalent
• Experience working with youth programs
• Familiarity with American Red Cross Aquatic Programs
SALARY: $18.00 per hour, seasonal, non-benefitted
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment. Preference given to Worcester Residents. Open Until Filled. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.