The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
PARKING CONTROL OFFICER
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS & PARKS
CITY OF WORCESTER
The City of Worcester, Department of Public Works & Parks is seeking applicants for the position of Parking Control Officer. The Parking Control Officer patrols an assigned area for the purpose of enforcing motor vehicle parking regulations for the City of Worcester. Duties include:
• Issuance of citations
• Explanation of parking regulations
• Record keeping and the preparation of legible and detailed reports
• Application and removal of vehicle immobilization devices (parking boot)
This position requires working outdoors in all weather conditions, on a year round basis.
The qualified candidate will have the ability to interact fairly and courteously with the public at all times; to walk extensively during daily foot patrols for extended periods of time; to lift and install/remove vehicle immobilization devices weighing up to 20 lbs.; to consistently wear equipment weighing up to 10 lbs.; and will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Possession of a valid MA unrestricted motor vehicle operator’s license
• Post high school education in criminal justice or related field
• Prior professional law enforcement or military experience.
SALARY RANGE: $15.81 – $20.76 hourly, full-time, excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter on or before FRIDAY, APRIL 16, 2021 to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference given to Worcester Residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.