The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
HEAD RECREATION LEADER (SEASONAL)
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS AND PARKS
CITY OF WORCESTER
HIRING AND START DATE CONTINGENT UPON COVID-19 EMERGENCY
The Department of Public Works & Parks is seeking candidates to fill the position of Head Recreation Leaders. This position will be responsible for ensuring the safety of participants of the program and overseeing the Assistant Recreation Leaders and Recreation Leaders in the administration of program activities. The Head Recreation Leaders will work directly with participants, helping them prepare for and move between activities, engaging with them in activities, providing encouragement, ensuring participants health and safety, providing fun and age appropriate experiences, and serving as a role model.
The successful candidates must be energetic; team players; and possess excellent communication skills. The qualified candidates will have the ability to walk, kneel, and stand for periods of time; ability to lift 25 pounds to a height of 48 inches; ability to maintain a safe environment; ability to plan, organize, and lead activities for large groups of children; and the ability to pass CORI/SORI check.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Two (2) years in a supervisory capacity that demonstrates directing recreation and sports activities or recreation programs
• Previous experience with planning, organizing, and leading activities for large groups of children
• Previous work experience in the field of recreation
• Proven ability to maintain a safe environment for others and adherence to provided protocol and standards
• Ability to lift 25 pounds to a height of 48 inches
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• First Aid and CPR/AED certified
SALARY: $15.50 hourly, seasonal, non-benefitted
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment. Preference given to Worcester Residents. Open Until Filled. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.