The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
PROGRAM MANAGER (VIRTUAL)
CITY OF WORCESTER
PENDING FUNDING APPROVAL
The Program Manager (Virtual) will work with the Recreation Worcester leadership team and Academic Administrative Assistant to coordinate logistics, handle administrative duties, and manage staff for the Recreation Worcester virtual program. The Program Manager will support the Virtual Site Coordinators in the development, organization, and management of curriculum/staff schedules, as well as coordinating staff development training opportunities.
The successful applicant will possess strong communication skills; demonstrated proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive, and experience with video conferencing platforms; and will have experience with youth work and/or volunteer experience. The qualified candidate will have the ability to build relationships and networking skills with students, colleagues, and community members; ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations, organizations, and interests; ability to work with students with special educational or emotional needs; ability to provide and receive constructive feedback; ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• One (1) year of experience in program administration and/or management
• Previous experience in youth work and/or youth serving program
• Demonstrated computer proficiency and experience utilizing video conferencing platforms
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have an updated physical exam in the past 12 months
• Ability to pass CORI/SORI check
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Experience working with children and families from diverse cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities
• Experience facilitating activities and programming
• Previous experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
• Worcester Resident
SALARY: $17.00 hourly, part-time, seasonal, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.