The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
HEAD LIFEGUARD (SEASONAL)
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS & PARKS
CITY OF WORCESTER
HIRING AND START DATE CONTINGENT UPON COVID-19 EMERGENCY
The Head Lifeguard is responsible for supervising and participating in the work of lifeguards standing watch at a municipal pool or beach to prevent bathing accidents, rescue bathers, and enforce departmental rules and regulations. Work is performed with relative independence in accordance with standard practices and procedures adapted to departmental requirements with review through regular inspections and reports. Supervision is exercised over a small group of lifeguards and attendants assigned to the facility supervised.
The successful candidate will have experience with recreation or competitive swimming; the ability to maintain diplomacy, in the event of anyone creating a disturbance, notify police and supervisor; ability to maintain positive public relations at the aquatic facility; and the physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first-aid. The qualified candidate will also have the ability to be on-time during the scheduled working period; ability to work outside and operate with daily exposure to the sun and heat and varying weather conditions; ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; and the ability to pass CORI/SORI.
• Three (3) years of experience as a Lifeguard
• Certification in American Red Cross, YMCA Lifeguard Training or equivalent
• Certification in American Red Cross First Aid or equivalent
• Certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• Certification as an American Red Cross-WSI or equivalent
• Certificate in American Red Cross Lifeguard Management or equivalent
• Experience working with youth programs
• Familiarity with American Red Cross Aquatic Programs
• Waterfront Training Module preferred for Beach Guards
SALARY: $17.25 per hour, seasonal, non-benefitted
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment. Preference given to Worcester Residents. Open Until Filled. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.